Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Astros Clubhouse Extravaganza

Got my first game worn J.R. Towles jersey today.2011 home pinstripe, MLB Authenticated.

Now have that, 2007 BP jersey, and 4 bats

I don't collect Astros stuff (my main collection consists of a certain UofH alum) but I'm amazed at all the Astros collectors here! Everyone from Houston? What are yall thoughts on Crane?

Lets see those Randy Johnson game issued bats!

I went today and it looked like stuff had been picked over. Still quite a bit of 2011 scrub jerseys including Los Astros jerseys. They had quite a few early 90's shoulder rainbow's they have been trying to sell for a while now. Most of the star player jerseys they had at the beginning were gone. Had a few Biggio and Bagwell BP's from the early and late 90's. Picked up a 1986 Matt Keough Road Cream Goodman jersey with the 25th anniversary patch. Rare jersey as you never see Goodman Era jerseys up for sale especially from 1986.

Banned

I decided to make the drive down this morning as well. There were 3 racks of jerseys in the game used part. One rack with rainbow sweaters and the rainbow shoulder jerseys, then a rack of jerseys from this past 2011 season, and then a rack of bigger name jerseys.

They had a ton of jerseys from this past season available. At $150 each, there wasn't anyone on that rack that I couldn't live without.

They had quite a few of the bigger name jerseys left. Saw about 5-6 Oswalt jerseys, 4-5 Pettitte jerseys, 3-4 Berkman jerseys, 3 Clemens jerseys, Kent, Bourn, and Lidge jerseys. Was really interested in picking up a Clemens jersey but they didn't really show much use at all.

As mentioned, they had a couple of early Bagwell and Biggio BP jerseys left, as well as a 1994 Bagwell BP left. They all looked pretty new so I passed on them.

Clemens and Pettitte jerseys were at $500. Berkman, Oswalt, and Kent jerseys were $450. They had a Lee jersey for $150 but looked brand new.

I ended up picking up a 2008 Jose Valverde Alternate White jersey and a Chris Johnson MLB authenticated hit baseball. The Valverde shows really good use and I have already photomatched it. Looks like he wore this one the majority of the season.

It seemed to me that the Clemens and Pettite along with the Biggio and Bagwell jerseys might have been just game issued. They showed no real use although two of the Clemens jerseys were void of jocktags just like he wore on his gamers. They also had a Ken Caminiti rainbow BP jersey and a M&N TBTC rainbow from 1999. It seems to me the Astros have so much stuff in their archives they randomly bring out stuff you didn't think they would have and they might not have known they even had. Who knew that they still had 1986 jerseys left. Overall it was worth it to go down however it would have been nice to head down yesterday when they had better stuff left.

If anybody needs help photomatching stuff, I have tons of full-res photos from the 5/17/11 game in Atlanta (they wore grey uni's)

Banned

Here is a picture of the Johnson Issues bat, along with the 1998 Biggio and 2005 Bagwell.

Name:  DSCF0835.JPG
Views: 801
Size:  338.3 KB

Name:  DSCF0836.JPG
Views: 783
Size:  219.2 KB

Thanks,

Rainbow sweaters? i'd love to see them of those tags...and what were the asking prices?

sorry for bumping this again, but those who went and examined the Clemens jerseys, were they home or road jerseys?

also, does anyone what happened to those items that didn't sell and where they could still be purchased? thanks.