Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

PSA encapsulating "Game Used" jersey pieces now?

I had a pretty good laugh at the Upper Deck lots of cut up bats and jerseys being sold on ebay a few days ago, but this takes the absurdity to another level. Who at PSA would think this might be a good idea?

**ALWAYS looking for game used/issued Nike/Air Jordan sneakers**

Re: PSA encapsulating "Game Used" jersey pieces now?

For those who haven't yet seen them, here's one link to the Upper Deck lots of "game used" pieces I was referring to

I'm a bit confused; it looks like it was Beckett who encapsulated those pieces...Where does PSA come into play (are they entering this market to?).

Quote Originally Posted by ironmanfan View Post
    I'm a bit confused; it looks like it was Beckett who encapsulated those pieces...Where does PSA come into play (are they entering this market to?).
    +1

you're completely right. my mistake. title should say BGS. doesn't make a whole helluva lot of difference but if the title can be changed to reflect the error that'd be great

Beckett will encapsulate a lot of stuff that PSA won't.....I don't think it's fair to paint them both with the same brush (it does make a difference)...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by cammy collector View Post
    you're completely right. my mistake. title should say BGS. doesn't make a whole helluva lot of difference but if the title can be changed to reflect the error that'd be great
    Beckett will encapsulate a lot of stuff that PSA won't.....I don't think it's fair to paint them both with the same brush (it does make a difference)...
    You are 100% correct - there is a huge difference from BGS and PSA and not fair to make the statement that it doesn't make a diffrence.

Re: BGS encapsulating "Game Used" jersey pieces now?

Maybe this is what is becoming of those Upper Deck bits and pieces being sold on Ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Official-Lou...item231089702e

Beckett is willing to encapsulate something (within reason) if they feel it's authentic. That's their policy, and will encapsulate things PSA and SGC won't.

I don't think they feel it's their duty, a grading company, to make a value judgement on the item, but determine if it's genuine. And perhaps that's a good policy.

For example, what would you think if MEARS said they won't authenticate a Michael Vick jersey because of his past? Most would say it's not up to MEARS to make moral judgments for us, but to examine the jersey. You can look at it that it that way with Beckett. They'd say, and perhaps rightly, that it's not up to them to say if swatches are good or bad, but to judge if they're genuine.