Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Banned

Angry 8D Auctions Catalog

I received an 8D auction catalog today in the mail. I was wondering how 8D auctions received my personal mailling address? I never asked or ordered an auction catalog from them. I thought our personal information on this forum wasn't shared with anyone but GUU... Once again my personal info is shared with another company. GREAT!! What happened to the GUU forum rules against doing this??

Re: 8D Auctions Catalog

Wow. The Paranoid Floyd's who flip out when they get something unsolicited get a catalog but us actual bidders don't?

Somebody flip the "mail/do not mail" lists?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 34swtns View Post
    Wow. The Paranoid Floyd's who flip out when they get something unsolicited get a catalog but us actual bidders don't?

Somebody flip the "mail/do not mail" lists?
    bawahahahhahahhahaha!!!!!!!!!!

At least people got them before the auction this time.
    The last guu auction they were received after bidding was over...

Quote Originally Posted by SkubeBats View Post
    I received an 8D auction catalog today in the mail. I was wondering how 8D auctions received my personal mailling address? I never asked or ordered an auction catalog from them. I thought our personal information on this forum wasn't shared with anyone but GUU... Once again my personal info is shared with another company. GREAT!! What happened to the GUU forum rules against doing this??
    Jamie,

I thought it was clear at this point that I am involved with and leading the 8D Network and 8D Auctions. As such, your personal information has not been shared with 'another company' but one that has branched off from GUU.

If you would not like to receive a catalog in the future, we will be happy to take you off the list. In fact, consider it already done.

As for anyone else, if you do not want to receive a catalog in the future feel free to email me and let me know and we will be happy to remove you from the list as well. We simply thought people would like to know about the items we are offering in the auction and would enjoy receiving a catalog.

Sincerely,
    Chris
    Christopher Cavalier
    Consignment Director - Heritage Auctions

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SkubeBats View Post
    Jamie, you couldn't have personally emailed Chris about this instead of making a post trying to make his new charitable based auction house look bad?

I am a registered bidder in 8D and received my catalog a few days ago and I think it looks great. I also believe the 8D concept is a unique charitable organization that should be praised as a new auction concept and not publicly embarrassed because they are tied to this forum that is 100% free for access and use.

Banned

I enjoy getting auction magazines. I like to look at them like I used to look at the toy catolog before Christmas as a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by trsent View Post
    Jamie, you couldn't have personally emailed Chris about this instead of making a post trying to make his new charitable based auction house look bad?

I am a registered bidder in 8D and received my catalog a few days ago and I think it looks great. I also believe the 8D concept is a unique charitable organization that should be praised as a new auction concept and not publicly embarrassed because they are tied to this forum that is 100% free for access and use.
    Great point. That is the way it SHOULD have been handled.

Banned

I have the right to pick what auction house's I deal with or don't deal with. So I'm a member here doesn't meam you can just send me mail when ever you want to. The only reason you have my personal info is to be a member on here nothing more.

I'm not trying to dirty anyones auction I'm just sick of all the crap that goes on with all these auction houses and the way the do buisness. The point is my info is mine only not anyones else's.

I'm well aware that Chris has a auction going on. It's hard not with all the posts and ads on here. So if I wanted to do buisness with you or anyone else I would ask for a catalog.

I would make this post over again if it was any other auction house.

Now that Ryan Braun has tested positive for PED's, his head is going to explode!