Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bears Tebowed

Banned

Re: Bears Tebowed

Tebow's arm is fine. He just needs to work on accuracy and timing.

I would say there were as much "Pratered" as they were Tebowed. A 59-yard field goal at the gun! I don't care if it was in mile-high Denver. Incredible kick. Plus a brain fart by the Bears for running out of bounds. Plus a great defense holding the Bears to 10 points. Tebow is showing an uncanny knack for clutch play but there's a lot more than just him. I do think that the team is feeding off of his positive nature, bringing a higher focus to the end of games. Prater's kick is a great example of that, he wanted to make it for Tebow.

I live in Denver and was pleased when the Broncos signed Tebow... like any young QB, he still needs time to get polished and John Elway -finally - the other day publicly backed Tebow and has said that while he doesn't want to get in the way of the QB coaches and the Offensive coaches or John Fox during the season: 'They have their jobs to do and I have mine' - he did state that in the off-season he and Tebow will get together and he will take him under wing to work on some things to make him a better QB.

That said, his 4th Qtr stats tell the story:

Quarters Att Comp Pct Yds Avg Lng TD Int 1st

1st Qtr 29 14 48.3 171 5.9 28 1 1 7

2nd Qtr 42 14 33.3 107 2.5 19 1 0 6

3rd Qtr 40 15 37.5 242 6.0 41 3 0 9

4th Qtr 80 49 61.3 732 9.2 56 6 1 33

4th w/i 7 25 14 56.0 309 12.4 56 1 0 11

Overtime 7 4 57.1 38 5.4 16 0 0 2

Quote Originally Posted by 34swtns View Post
    More correct:

The Bears got BARBER'D.

I watched the game. Marion gave it away. The game was in the bag TWICE and Marion gave it away.

The Tebow "magic" ends next week. Brady and his posse will see to that.
    Tebow completing 18 out of his last 24 passes (all in the 4th quarter or later) was no fluke. I chalk that up to the fact that they play differently in the 4th. If he is so effective in the shotgun, why don't they play that formation for the first 3 quarters??? Only when it's crunch time, they seem to put him where he is comfortable.

The Patriots winning next week is also not a given. Their defense is not exactly stellar; Brady did not play particularly well and Washington nearly beat them this week.
    Looking for ...
    Any Game Used Mets jerseys from 1986 and 1987
    Any Keith Hernandez, Ron Darling, Lee Mazzilli and John Olerud Mets items
    Email me at TNT_Toys@yahoo.com

Banned

My favorite tweet today:

@danieltosh daniel tosh

"the lord works in mysterious ways" save that for the millions of kids dying of hunger, not tebow squeaking out wins against s**t teams.

Banned

I want Tebow to thow a hail mary for a touchdown for an encore.

Welcome back to planet earth. Courtesy of Tom Brady and the New England Patriots.

Wink Re: Bears Tebowed

Back down to planet earth, yes, and also still likely playoff bound because of the win over Chicago...

Let's keep in mind, behind all the smoke and mirrors of the "Tebow Magic", the Broncos didn't beat Jay Cutler......they beat Caleb Hanie.
    And they didn't beat Matt Forte......they beat Kahlil Bell.
    But if you're honest about it, you know they didn't even beat those backups. The Bears had that game in the bag for 3 quarters and 13+ minutes.
    Marion Barber was the most important member of the Denver Broncos that day. Him and the Broncos' kicker won that game for them.
    Tom Brady exposed the real Broncos.

Let's not all choke on the kool-aid.

Considering the fact that the Broncos started 2 rookie safeties due to Brian Dawkins sitting out. Plus a few uncharacteristic turnovers, the Broncos were still in the game going into the 4th quarter.

Unfortunately cannot say the same for the Bears, who got completely blown out on home field by the Seahawks of all teams, who are mediocre at best.