Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Thread: Bears Tebowed

Hybrid View

Re: Bears Tebowed

I wouldn't go as far as to say that Tim Tebow is a good Quarterback. Part of what Urlacher says is true, Tebow has had some good runs. But you put him in as a RB on running plays and I am willing to bet he doesn't have as much success on the run.

Part of his success on the run is the element of surprise as well as the potential to pass.

The thing is, Tebow's arm is not good. That's why he won't be Denver's long-term QB. You can't win a Superbowl with a QB who can't throw. Now if Tebow develops accuracy and a passing arm then we have a real QB ala Cam Newton. Tebow is a poor man's Cam Newton.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by brianborsch View Post
    I wouldn't go as far as to say that Tim Tebow is a good Quarterback. Part of what Urlacher says is true, Tebow has had some good runs. But you put him in as a RB on running plays and I am willing to bet he doesn't have as much success on the run.

Part of his success on the run is the element of surprise as well as the potential to pass.

The thing is, Tebow's arm is not good. That's why he won't be Denver's long-term QB. You can't win a Superbowl with a QB who can't throw. Now if Tebow develops accuracy and a passing arm then we have a real QB ala Cam Newton. Tebow is a poor man's Cam Newton.
    Two words - Trent Dilfer

Banned

Tebow's arm is fine. He just needs to work on accuracy and timing.

I would say there were as much "Pratered" as they were Tebowed. A 59-yard field goal at the gun! I don't care if it was in mile-high Denver. Incredible kick. Plus a brain fart by the Bears for running out of bounds. Plus a great defense holding the Bears to 10 points. Tebow is showing an uncanny knack for clutch play but there's a lot more than just him. I do think that the team is feeding off of his positive nature, bringing a higher focus to the end of games. Prater's kick is a great example of that, he wanted to make it for Tebow.

I live in Denver and was pleased when the Broncos signed Tebow... like any young QB, he still needs time to get polished and John Elway -finally - the other day publicly backed Tebow and has said that while he doesn't want to get in the way of the QB coaches and the Offensive coaches or John Fox during the season: 'They have their jobs to do and I have mine' - he did state that in the off-season he and Tebow will get together and he will take him under wing to work on some things to make him a better QB.

That said, his 4th Qtr stats tell the story:

Quarters Att Comp Pct Yds Avg Lng TD Int 1st

1st Qtr 29 14 48.3 171 5.9 28 1 1 7

2nd Qtr 42 14 33.3 107 2.5 19 1 0 6

3rd Qtr 40 15 37.5 242 6.0 41 3 0 9

4th Qtr 80 49 61.3 732 9.2 56 6 1 33

4th w/i 7 25 14 56.0 309 12.4 56 1 0 11

Overtime 7 4 57.1 38 5.4 16 0 0 2