Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Brady issued or just pro cut?

Why would Merriweather have a "Q" for a tag? Maybe NFL Auctions and/or Patriots customized the jersey to be a Merriweather jersey and label it "Authentic" rather than "Game Worn" or "Game Issued".

Joel, I think some of the people are taking issue to the "misleading" (I'd go more with confusing) wording that is being used. If it were my jersey, I'd leave it at pro-cut and not even worry about a new "game issued" term. If a buyer does not know what your definitions are or that this is a difference between "game issued" and "team issued", this jersey would likely end up being resold as team issued. That is where people have issues with these pro cut jerseys.

Being a pro-cut jersey will save you all of the headache of where it was made, differences in tags, and alot of other problems. It looks like many are reading you game issued term as team issued, and having problems with the inconsitancies between the too. I will fully admit that as long as I have been doing this, your description between team issued and game issued is new to me. Now that I read it, it makes some of the older debates I have seen you involved in about "what is team/game issued" more clear.

Hope it helps and maybe it will help you avoid some of the attacks.

John

Thank you John.....well said.

I believe the Patriots did switch to Ripon this year....The Hernandez NOB looks small. If you google, nameplate is wider than numbers, his name extends almost to the sleeves. Hard to tell on Brady/ Welker..those look correct to me...Not trying to bash or anything, or say its fake..maybe they are just like nflauction authentics, on field jersey but may or may not be on field name and numbers.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 93cobra View Post
    I believe the Patriots did switch to Ripon this year....The Hernandez NOB looks small. If you google, nameplate is wider than numbers, his name extends almost to the sleeves. Hard to tell on Brady/ Welker..those look correct to me...Not trying to bash or anything, or say its fake..maybe they are just like nflauction authentics, on field jersey but may or may not be on field name and numbers.
    As the description for the Hernandez clearly states, the jersey was made before he made a number change so it may have been ordered during the playoffs in 2011 for the 2010 season or sometime around then.

Quote Originally Posted by trsent View Post
    As the description for the Hernandez clearly states, the jersey was made before he made a number change so it may have been ordered during the playoffs in 2011 for the 2010 season or sometime around then.
    as I said I am not arguing or doubting you and I understand what you are saying. I have one observation, the name is in a different font/size, this is unrelated to number change. some people are speculating on different things and it is simply an observation on my part. this does not confirm or deny anything.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I'm not trying to pick a fight but does anyone understand that these jerseys were never ordered for the player and have never come anywhere near Foxboro Massachusetts? They are typically made by Reebok for us to enjoy, but they are not even close to game Jerseys.

In the original post Rich asked if it was an issued jersey or game cut.....all of these jerseys are very nice looking jerseys and very cool to own....they are definitely NOT FAKE or unethically modified in any way, but they are game cut at best.

I'm not sure why we struggle so much with these terms? If we use the terms game....team....issue, it means that they were ordered for the player or the team.....most of these were not.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mulligans View Post
    I'm not trying to pick a fight but does anyone understand that these jerseys were never ordered for the player and have never come anywhere near Foxboro Massachusetts? They are typically made by Reebok for us to enjoy, but they are not even close to game Jerseys.

In the original post Rich asked if it was an issued jersey or game cut.....all of these jerseys are very nice looking jerseys and very cool to own....they are definitely NOT FAKE or unethically modified in any way, but they are game cut at best.

I'm not sure why we struggle so much with these terms? If we use the terms game....team....issue, it means that they were ordered for the player or the team.....most of these were not.
    I don't know details of how they were ordered, but you keep hammering up information that I have not advertised any of these jerseys using such terminology. "Game cut" and "Game issued" mean the same to me.

It was suggested I use different wording with my listings, which I read and decided I will not - My definition for game issued is fair and honest. I never call them team issued as most of them are not 100% customized for game use but have many, many game customizations.

The jersey are according my my definitions game issued pro-cut jerseys right from Reebok. I do not know if they were custom made for the team and never used or someone else ordered them, but I do know they are 100% legitimate and exactly what I have advertised. All jerseys were lettered, numbered and cut by Reebok - I promise you that!

Should the size of nameplates for issued jerseys be the same size as game worn or can they be known to be different sizes? I'm seeing a size difference in the nameplates.

Here is a link to the jersey pic I am referencing is from 2011:

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/ne...hoto/127249557