Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Hybrid View

Re: How To Make A Nice Case For Your Collection For Only $76.........

Quote Originally Posted by kylehess10 View Post
    Here's the bat rack I was referring to; I'm going to make another one tomorrow and take pictures as I'm making it and add it to the page. It looks really nice inside of the case

Kyle,

Very intuitive. 1 thing that I ask (whomever is reading this thread) Is that can I use something other that the 2 sided tape? Can you drill? clear 2 sided tape?

I was thinking of getting black cabinets, but im afraid the tape will stand out to much...

any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by jboosted92 View Post
    Kyle,

Very intuitive. 1 thing that I ask (whomever is reading this thread) Is that can I use something other that the 2 sided tape? Can you drill? clear 2 sided tape?

I was thinking of getting black cabinets, but im afraid the tape will stand out to much...

any ideas?
    Well I've never tried any other tape than double-sided since it keeps a really strong hold. As for drilling, I really wouldn't know; plexi glass can break very easily so IMO I wouldn't risk it. btw- Is there even any such thing as clear double-sided tape like you mentioned? I've never heard of it before. I've seen the double-sided scotch tape, but something like that wouldn't be able to hold up the big piece of plexi glass

Hello.
    You can drill plexiglass no problem. You will need a good 3/16" drill bit. measure your plexiglass where you want the holes to be, then drill the plexiglass. Then hold the plexiglass up to your cabinet and predrill your cabinet with a 3/32" or 1/8" bit. If your cabinet has 3/4" sides, which are standard, if you dont predrill it, the wood is likely to split. You probably want to use a finish washer so the screw doesnt try to pull through the plexiglass.

If you need any additional tips or info you can email me.

Thanks
    jason
    ripken8@bellsouth.net

stlbats is right; I just drilled 5 different-sized holes into a scrap piece of plexi glass and nothing broke: