Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Chicago Tribune JOSports Article

Every legitimate dealer should sue the writer of this article!!!

I hate people that know nothing about a subject, yet talk about it like they are an expert.

Quote Originally Posted by otismalibu View Post
    Sure, but what percentage of 'collectors' know what a true photo match is? Look at some of the examples of matches, posted on this board.

What? What do you mean the numbers and lettering is wrong? Huh? They didn't use that tag until after he retired? That smudge is in the wrong spot? It's got a letter!!!!
    And for those exact reasons, Otis, is why you (the collector) need to do your homework...

National Football Post has also picked up the story...

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...raud-2442.html
    Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    National Football Post has also picked up the story...

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...raud-2442.html
    404 Error Page, Eric. Link is not working.

Interesting read. Like Matt mentions and we hear over and over again, do your own homework and be comfortable in your purchases.

The biggest thing to remember is that not ever jersey from a rock solid seller good, and likewise not every jersey from the lowest and shadiest of sellers is bad. The broad brushing of ALL JO Sports jerseys sometimes gets out of hand. Each jersey should be able to stand on its own.

Banned

First off I would like to say that I'm glad that this subject is brought up once again. The more times it's brought to the publics attention the more people will be warned about these six guys and their crimes.

Also I happy to se that some NFL teams are starting to cut their ties with JO SPORTS CO. It shouldn't have taken this long for them to act on this. I hope more team will follow them.

As for Rick Moore's (34swtns) comment "When you were a kid, did you ever steal money for candy or cigs? Sure you do we all did." How can you compare that to what Jo Sports did? They didn't just steal change they stole people's hard earned money and their savings. Now that's not even close to the same.

Now for what Troy Kinunen had to say "Photo matching is a very amateurish way to authenticate". I find that statement to be funny. MEARS uses photo matches in some of their own auctions for authentication purposes. Also he brings this up so you feel like your only option is for you to bring your items to him or another 3rd party for authentication.

I still for one find all these 3rd party's authentiction servies a waste of our money. Do yourself a favor a do your own homework!

Looks like MEARS just lost a lot of respect and their reputation is tarnished because their statements are extremely amature.

Quote Originally Posted by kprst6 View Post
    Looks like MEARS just lost a lot of respect and their reputation is tarnished because their statements are extremely amature.
    In case you're keeping score at home, I haven't lost any respect for MEARS..

amature???

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ironmanfan View Post
    In case you're keeping score at home, I haven't lost any respect for MEARS..

amature???
    I'll put money on Troy being misquoted and/or misunderstood by a reporter who doesn't fully understand the industry.

Troy believes in photo-matching and/or style-matching if done right.

How can he not.

What his comments do is give the MEARS haters a chance to put down Troy once again. Why so much hate in this world? Shouldn't we all just love one and other?