Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: All-Star Dealers reality show

Totally FAKE, SCRIPTED and CONTRIVED.

Like most of the new crop of "reality" shows.

I need some more comedy in my life...anyone know any specifics on what channel this'll be aired on or when?

It starts Jan. 24th at 8 PM EST on Discovery.

Does Grey Flannel really think that the added activity from "new" collectors and "unsuspecting" consignors will make up for the number of people who may chose not to bid or consign after seeing this stuff on TV? Seems like a really big risk to their business.

They better be totally up front in front of the cameras also, because I am sure that there will be some feds watching the show with alot of anticipation.

On a side note, wouldn't it be funny to send some messed up Frankenjersey blindly there just in hopes of it getting on TV and what they might say about it?

Quote Originally Posted by jppopma View Post

On a side note, wouldn't it be funny to send some messed up Frankenjersey blindly there just in hopes of it getting on TV and what they might say about it?
    You make many valid points. Attempting to consign a forgery would still be fraud and not worth the effort. This show should make Grey Flannel's dealings transparent, and in the end help collectors and dealers alike.

Quote Originally Posted by both-teams-played-hard View Post
    You make many valid points. Attempting to consign a forgery would still be fraud and not worth the effort. This show should make Grey Flannel's dealings transparent, and in the end help collectors and dealers alike.
    It's only fraud if you try to pass it off as real. Just sending it in can all be at face value. I'm sure it would end up on the cutting room floor anyway.

We can hope for the best.

This show just like Pawn Stars is totally scripted and the items are all set up. I would bet that Grey Flannel was the one that packed the Marino and Lott jerseys in a box to make it look like it was shipped to them.

So the showed tonight... What do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by yanks12025 View Post
    So the showed tonight... What do you guys think?
    They come across as very arrogant and obviously driven by money only. Why does every reality show today require 15 bleeps per half hour and the use of the word "friggen"?

Quote Originally Posted by both-teams-played-hard View Post
    I will watch every episode and the rerun the next day. These shows are gold. If you don't like them, just watch the scripted bullshit made in Hollywood.
    If you really believe that then I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you. Most of these "unscripted" shows on TV are MORE scripted than the "scripted" shows.