Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Fielder to the Cardinals 4 yrs $104 mil!!

Lets take a vote. I'm all for it and maybe even an option for a 5th year? Get his best years and let him go to the AL for the DH that he will have to do anyway. Replace what we lost and not miss a beat! Whaddyathink?

Re: Fielder to the Cardinals 4 yrs $104 mil!!

As much as I hate to say it...
    He'll end up with the Cubbies for 7 yrs./$158MM

Calling all Sheffield Avenue pedestrians...
    Get a helmet!

Quote Originally Posted by onlyalbert View Post
    Lets take a vote. I'm all for it and maybe even an option for a 5th year? Get his best years and let him go to the AL for the DH that he will have to do anyway. Replace what we lost and not miss a beat! Whaddyathink?
    Personally, I like the move. This should make Cards fans forget about Pujols, at least for a little while.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Banned

Brewers 3 years 75m$

Banned

My prediction is Rangers for $199 million. Hamilton is free agent next winter. His injury issues make him a bad investment long term at the price he will be asking unless he has his first injury free year next year. Plus he will be 32 when the contract starts and as he ages the injuries will probably just get worse. Prince is 28 and durable and the Rangers have a whole at first base. So I see them investing in Prince to hedge their bets against losing Josh and loading up for a third straight world series with both this year.

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle92481 View Post
    My prediction is Rangers for $199 million. Hamilton is free agent next winter. His injury issues make him a bad investment long term at the price he will be asking unless he has his first injury free year next year. Plus he will be 32 when the contract starts and as he ages the injuries will probably just get worse. Prince is 28 and durable and the Rangers have a whole at first base. So I see them investing in Prince to hedge their bets against losing Josh and loading up for a third straight world series with both this year.
    If he goes to the AL the Rangers would make the most sense, but it doesn't seem like they have interest. Keep hearing about the Jays! Why would he want to go there I'll never know. Sure would take a lot of the sting out if St.L could pull it off.

Banned

I'd go to Florida. No state income tax there. Illinois just raised their tax from 3% to 5.25% or so.

Why would a guy making 100 million come to Illinois when he can play without paying a state tax and make an extra $5,250,000 per 100 million dollars?

Isn't the state tax really high in Wisconsin also?

Banned

Question Re: Fielder to the Cardinals 4 yrs $104 mil!!

Quote Originally Posted by happyyoungster View Post
    As much as I hate to say it...
    He'll end up with the Cubbies for 7 yrs./$158MM

Calling all Sheffield Avenue pedestrians...
    Get a helmet!
    If he DID end up with the Cubs, I wonder when and how much his first Sheffield Avenue gae home run would appear on eBay?

Dave Miedema

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    If he DID end up with the Cubs, I wonder when and how much his first Sheffield Avenue gae home run would appear on eBay?

Dave Miedema
    If I caught the ball I'd throw it back.

I don't see him going to Texas, although the short right field would be ideal for a left handed power hitter. Also, I think there are questions about how durable someone with his build is going to be. And I think the ARod contract the Rangers signed may have cured them from pouring money to one player. If the Angels don't go to the series this year or next they may regret having a player that will inevitably start on the downside, even if that 's better than a lot of other hitters, for 10 years.