Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 8D Auction

Re: 8D Auction

Very confused.now it says that bidding is open for another hour even though there was only my one bid on an auction I was/am bidding on.

It appears I can now bid on anything...?????

Bidding is still open. As per the terms and conditions, the entire auction closes after 15 minutes pass with no bids in the auction. There was a temporary issue with the software that has been adjusted. We will announce when the auction closes. Sorry for any confusion.

Sincerely,
    Chris
    Christopher Cavalier
    Consignment Director - Heritage Auctions

WTF?!?!?

We're not even talking a 15 minute window - it's extended another HOUR...

If this is for real, this is BS!!!

2. The final day for bidding on items will be listed on the 8D Auction website and 8D Auctions will also send out reminders of the auction close date. The regular session for the auction will close at 8:00 pm PST (Pacific Standard Time). After 8:00 pm PST, the 15 minute rule will be in effect. Specifically, on the night of the auction closing, starting at 8:00 pm PST, the entire auction will be extended and remain open until no bids have been placed, either online or by phone, for a period of 15 minutes. During that time period, if any bids are placed, either online or by phone, the entire auction will be extended another 15 minutes. Once 15 minutes pass without any bids being placed, either online or by phone, the entire auction will close. This rule is intended to allow all bidders who have placed bids prior to 8:00 pm PST on the final day of the auction the opportunity to place final bids prior to an item’s close without getting shut out due to time constraints or busy phone lines. When the auction is over, callers will be greeted with a message letting them know the auction is over and a message will also appear on the website stating that the auction has ended.
    So how does 15 minutes become an HOUR? I would really like an answer to this question.

I'll repeat "I feel like a complete A$$hole asking what people won now! My sincere apologies as wasn't trying to screw anyone over."
    Cheers,
    Jack

Actively looking for a Brad Lidge Philadelphia Phillies Game Used Cap!
    My Memorabilia Collection

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisCavalier View Post
    Bidding is still open. As per the terms and conditions, the entire auction closes after 15 minutes pass with no bids in the auction. There was a temporary issue with the software that has been adjusted. We will announce when the auction closes. Sorry for any confusion.

Sincerely,
    Chris
    Chris -

I was writing when you were, but I have refreshed, logged out and logged back in and everyone of my auctions says 45+ minutes still remaining...

How is that a 15 minute window? Unless the software issue is still occurring?

- Smitty

So if the guy gets outbid on that Chambliss jersey, how is that fair to him?? Or all the other items that had 1 bid.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisCavalier View Post

Sincerely,
    Chris
    The clock when I look at it right now shows 45 minutes or so left.

Quote Originally Posted by cliffjmp33 View Post
    I'll repeat "I feel like a complete A$$hole asking what people won now! My sincere apologies as wasn't trying to screw anyone over."
    I wouldn't sweat that. Otherwise you would be screwing yourself too announcing what you had won, right?

I think someone must have screwed up on the closing of the items. In order to make it up they must have extended the initial bidding period a hour. Then another 15 min with no bid on any items before closing. Just my guess.