Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: 8D Auction

Re: 8D Auction

Just got up and per my account, I was pleased to see that I didn't get sniped on anything.

Wishing he best for the others who after 8pm PST were the only bidders on their lots only to see other bids allowed in the 'after auction event'.

But if there were reserves, I took the rules as the house would bid till reaching the reserve.

Quote Originally Posted by jhunt28 View Post
    I wonder if there were plenty of reserves? I won a jersey in which I was the only bid, it shows as "winning" under my account, but I never got an email saying that I won the jersey.

What item was it? If there was a reserve it was disclosed in the description of the item

It was the game worn Bills Merriman jersey...I was the only bid for $400, and it says "winning" bid when I look under my account details, but I never received an email saying that I won, nor do I see any fees added onto my winning bid.

Perhaps I looked too early in the morning?? Now "winning" has been changed to "won"...

I still ended up winning my items, and was pleased . The ripken game used ball from 2,131 signed by all 4 umpires (thsese are generally considered the real ones not the derwood murell ones), which I have seen sell for 2-3K in other auctions.n Also, the david harris Jets helmet for under $500 which I thought was great.

I feel bad for anyone who got sniped.

Dave

Banned

All in all not bad. I am not thrilled about getting sniped but I only bid on the jersey because it was a steal at $500. There are so many of them on the market from his Raiders days that I couldn't justify paying more than that. I didn't want to snipe anybody so I bid on the Hutchinson that i thought i lost earlier and won that and the Williams. Two possible hall of famers for around $600 bucks very good deal. Plus I like how some of the money is going to charity.

Has anyone received their INVOICE yet?? I tried to call and confirm with 8D auctions but no response.....

Happy to say I remained the high bidder on the '99 Rivera jersey and didn't get sniped after heading to bed. Congrats to all the winners and appreciate the opportunity Chris and 8D provided with the auction.
    Cheers,
    Jack

Actively looking for a Brad Lidge Philadelphia Phillies Game Used Cap!
    My Memorabilia Collection

Hello Everyone,

As per the email we sent out after the auction closed, invoices will be sent out likely by tomorrow at the latest.

Despite all the negative speculation, we listed the items that had reserves (there were only a handful) directly in the lot descriptions. This was stated in the terms and conditions but I am guessing not many people actually read all the T&C's.

As always, we run our operations with the utmost integrity and do everything as fairly as possible. This was our first auction with our new staff and there were some issues with the software configuration during the auction close. We recoginized it immediately and made the adjustments as quickly as we could. The net result was that the auction did close in a manner consistent with the way it was stated in the terms and conditions and no one was disserviced.

For those saying this is "Black Eye" or whatever, we will have to disagree. We have always run our auctions with the utmost integrity and when mistakes are made (which will undoubtedly happen because we are human) we look to fix them immediately and make sure no one is unjustly treated.

I hope that answers your questions and, once again, invoices will be going out over the next few days. In the interim, if you want to find out if you won your items you can find out by looking into your 'My Account' tab on the site.

Sincerely,
    Chris
    Christopher Cavalier
    Consignment Director - Heritage Auctions