Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 8D Auction

8D Auction

Quick questions..

In the rules, it shows two different times that your bid is supposed to be placed on the item. One shows 8pm EST, while the other is 8pm PST. I'm talking about rules 2 and 3.

Then I'm bidding on several different lots and two of the lots are ending at the same time. But the other one is ending 15 minutes before the others. How come???

Banned

Re: 8D Auction

Quote Originally Posted by yanks12025 View Post
    Quick questions..

In the rules, it shows two different times that your bid is supposed to be placed on the item. One shows 8pm EST, while the other is 8pm PST. I'm talking about rules 2 and 3.

Then I'm bidding on several different lots and two of the lots are ending at the same time. But the other one is ending 15 minutes before the others. How come???
    The clock on the top on here says there are 6 hours left in the auction. So I would assume its PST as its 5pm in the east. I also know Chris lives on the west coast so I presume its PST.

I agree with LE. My guess is the EST is a typo.

Quick questions..

I don't know about the EST vs PST question, but I think the 15 minute difference has to do with the 15 minute rule. If there is only one bid on an item, it ends at 11 EST, but if there are two or more bids the 15 minute rule kicks in which results in that item ending at least 15 minutes past those with only one bid.

Then again, maybe I don't know what I'm talking about

Lance Robertson
    Binghamton NY
    http://chipsnstuff.com/NYGiants/Jers...collection.htm
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lance Robertson
    Binghamton NY
    www.chipsnstuff.com

Good luck to those bidding.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Looks like individual lots are closing after 15 minutes without a bid. The way the rules read, it seemed to me all lots with more than 1 bid would remain open until the entire auction went 15 minutes without any bids. I'm not complaining.

Yeah I noticed that also.. But I'm happy, picked up the Chambliss rookie bat and 1977 pants. Wish I had the money and could pick up the 1976 jersey.

Interested in seeing what people were bidding on/won. I'm watching the McCovey bids (not bidding though) now, and I just keep refreshing.

Best of luck to all still bidding and congrats to those who won!
    Cheers,
    Jack

Actively looking for a Brad Lidge Philadelphia Phillies Game Used Cap!
    My Memorabilia Collection

I WON!!!

Sandy Koufax AU Mitchell & Ness Jersey

Pablo Sandoval GU AU Batting Gloves

Dennis Quaid 'The Rookie' AU Ball

I got outbid on:

Willie Mays AU Mitchell & Ness Jersey and just couldn't pull the trigger to go higher....

Was watching:

Hamilton GU AU Bat

McGwire GU Bat

Class of 1999 HOF AU Ball

Ripken AU Hat

Musial AU Ball

I'm plenty pleased... not sure what shipping will be yet, but with Buyer's Premium (15%), I'm still under $500....

- Smitty

Yeah I noticed that also.. But I'm happy, picked up the Chambliss rookie bat and 1977 pants. Wish I had the money and could pick up the 1976 jersey.
    I don't have 25 grand to throw around, but if I did, I'd have grabbed it. I own the pants he wore in that game. I think the winner did great, at least from a Yankee fans perspective.