There are examples of Mets jerseys worn after 9/11 (in 2001,not just the 2002 season)that DO HAVE the 9-1-01 embriodery.See photo below. Also for Mo Vaughn's Dec 28,2001 News conference for signing w/Mets he's wearing a black jersey that has Mets in front not New York. I've bought a Ventura jersey from b+e in the past. It to was hemmed along the bottom. But the label was displayed along the bottom(Size 48 set 1 2000). When I got it it the jersey looked real short. Almost like it was modified for a child to wear. It could have been worn by Ventura but why that short? I brought the jersey to "Stitches" they looked at it and said they have no record of Ventura with requests for modification. Then the kid that sews on the name and numbers was brought over and he looked at it. He did something strange, He took out a ruler from his back pocket and measured from the top of the #4 to the bottom of "T" in Ventura and said,"That's not mine"(work). The other guy then says the jersey's real but it's not ours.(Did anybody but Stitches do uniforms for the Mets in 2000,2001?)
dcrules01-Find out if Ventura had at times modified his jersey. I felt that he did but could not confirm it with any other jersey untill this one,which doesn't exactly settled the question.There's sometimes these minor mysteries with b+e. Their items are real but they never seem to answer the small concerns which lead to threads like this which- believe me WE WILL BE CRITICIZED FOR DOING. Back to the original question. I have another jersey from b+e that showed no player use. I showed it to "Stitches" they said it's definitely our work. He also said,"It looks like it's never been used." If that jersey was sold today by b+e's new standards would it be game issued?