Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: MLB Authentication screw ups

Quote Originally Posted by Dewey2007 View Post
    Were the Phillies selling lineup cards at today's sale? If so, what were they asking for them. Also, did anyone see any Rollins banners? Thanks!
    They did have lineup cards but I forget how much they were. I believe they were around $25. They also had Rollins banners and were selling them for $50.

Re: MLB Authentication screw ups

This thread was started after I got up early in the morning, was first in line waiting in the cold and found out later that the jersey I bought was not documented accurately.

The question was raised to me what difference does it make what the data base states? It makes a big difference. Is it unreasonable to expect that a COA from MLB be correct? I don't buy Phillies jerseys with the idea of reselling them but the hologram certification by MLB is supposed to be the proof that an item was either game used (seen coming off players back after a game) vs. game issued (found in the clubhouse but not verified as worn). The jersey I bought had evidence that it had been washed in the tag inside but no residual dirt or specific wear. Since it was the manager's jersey, I wouldn't expect a lot of wear. The Phillies have had made jerseys available to the public via their kiosk (retail) or charities (auctions, Holiday sale). In the past, the jerseys at the Holiday sale were said to be game used even though in some instances, the players never played a game with the team. The fact that it came from the team means it's either game used or game issued rather than from the back door of the manufacturer. The Phillies retail sales charges a premium for ones designated game used vs game issued. They need to make sure that what they put out for sale matches the hologram.