Quote Originally Posted by CollectGU View Post
Bill,

You asked me to chime in. It looks like they made an error in the description and then corrected it based on your e-mail and/or your post. Personally I think that is the responsible thing to do, and I don't see a problem with that. If you want credit, what don't you call them and ask why they didn't thank you...I have no idea why you felt you needed to take a swipe at Ron F. as he has nothing to do with this....

Dave
Personally, I think the responsible thing to do is to spend enough time researching the items you're putting your name behind to get it right the first time. How much time & effort would have been required for them to have gotten it right? And why does it take four days for them to correct the error of their ways?

And by the way, just where did they get that Dennis Martinez made his debut in May? That isn't a true statement for 1976, 1977, 1978 or 1979. I can't see where that statement could possibly have come from except from 100% thin air. To me that's the most interesting aspect of this mess - just where exactly did that come from?