I recall about a year ago the thread came up of 2011 collecting goals. I pretty much ran them all down. 2011, has been the best year in collecting for me by far. Thanks to Korey for all his continued help in 2011. Got to run down a lot of premeire items. Highlights of items that I acquired were the following:

RAYS items

- finally ran down a Dan Johnson Rays game used jersey, worn on opening day. Amazing that he had the best moment of the 2011 MLb season. That homrun he hit on 9/28/11 was and will likely be the most memorable moment I will have as a sports fan

-Jake McGee game used fielding glove

-Eric Hinske home white Rays Jackie Robinson Day mlb authenticated 2008 jersey

-Spectacular Brad Hawpe shirt off the back 2010 jersey

-finally ran down a light blue Rays gmae used jersey after a long hunt. Casey Kotchman and Jake McGee, beautiful jerseys, wish the team wore them mor eoften

-MLB authenticated game used hit baseball of Matt Joyce from the 9th inning of the 2011 ASG, ASG logo still looks perfect. Only 32 baseballs per year get authenticated at the ASG, as opposed to over 200 in the WS. Maybe 3-7 balls per year are even authenticated at hit balls, let alone from a guy on your favorite team.

-JP Howell game used 2008 world series baseball. Used in the 9th inning when he hit Eric Bruntlett in the leg, putting the wining run on base.

-2008 ALCS game 7 2nd base, the very base akinori iwamura stepped on in the 9th to get the final out to send TB to their 1st world series. Amazing item, that could legitimately be in the HOF.

-Eric Hinske's clinching world series game used locker nameplate from 2007 (BOS game 4 in col) and 2009 (NYY game 6 vs. philly), got them both framed. VERY rare for me to get GU items outside from my team, but get chance to run down 2 major items from my favorite player.

-----------------------------------------

Buccaneers

Awesome 2006 Greg Spires game used revolution helmet

got #33 Elbert MAck's gloves from vikigns game in September from him after the game, he recovered a suprise onside kick with those glove, also got Sean Jones' from the same game and he got a sack on McNabb

getting Josh Freeman's hat at Bucs vs. PAckers in November

---

Lastly, I put over 1,000 locker nameplates on the market and to collectors at very reasonable prices, 55 of them were from all star games in 05,06 and 07. Thanks to all who purcashed, as all of that helped me run down funds needed to add to my collection.

As for 2012, hoping once again to get a 1996 orange wilson tampa bay Buccaneers game used jersey and saving up to get a stellar 1990 Bucs game used helmet, that I photo matched when watching a Bucs vs. Bears game from 1990 backwards and in slow motion (it was a rainy day that day).

Took a lot off my long time want list this year. Hoping to get to the point of small maintence on the colelction and only having to get a handful of items each year.

What was good for you this year in terms of collecting?