Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cards82
    • Sep 2010

Re: 2012 Cardinals Winter Warm Up

I will be there all three days. I am excited to go but not the 2 hour drive each day! This happen due to late schedule change. Where can I find the auction list? Does not sound too exciting again this year! I do like Jeff's question will any WS jerseys sold in the future? GO CARDS!

Comment

• Birdbats
      • Nov 2005

I met with Pat Daly today and saw for myself that he does have World Series jerseys. He had the key players' shirts set aside -- they will be auctioned on the team's website at some point. I asked if he would have any lesser players at the Warm Up; he said it depended on whether the authenticator was able to make it to Busch before Friday.

Pat has plenty of champagne bottles, so if you want one of those, they'll be at the Warm Up. He said he just got some caps (including stars and stripes from 2010) and batting helmets, so look for those, too. Overall, I think Pat will have good inventory, including jerseys and bats.

I, too, am a little disappointed at the auction offerings. But, I know Cardinals Care was running low on GU items last season, and having three auctions at each playoff game really depleted what they had. Since I'm trying to collect bats from every player on the 2011 team, I have my eye on several of them. Also want to get a Joplin jersey.
      Jeff Scott
      birdbats@charter.net
      http://www.birdbats.com

Comment

• cards82
        • Sep 2010

Jeff that is some good news! (maybe not for my pocketbook) I do not understand why the cards don't offer more items for us to get? After going to the Padres Fan fest last season. They sell everything! Caps, pants helmets, bats, sock, jackets everything! How much equipment do they recycle for a another season? They could make enough money for the equipment and extra for charity!

Comment

• flota89
          • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Birdbats
          I met with Pat Daly today and saw for myself that he does have World Series jerseys. He had the key players' shirts set aside -- they will be auctioned on the team's website at some point. I asked if he would have any lesser players at the Warm Up; he said it depended on whether the authenticator was able to make it to Busch before Friday.

Pat has plenty of champagne bottles, so if you want one of those, they'll be at the Warm Up. He said he just got some caps (including stars and stripes from 2010) and batting helmets, so look for those, too. Overall, I think Pat will have good inventory, including jerseys and bats.

I, too, am a little disappointed at the auction offerings. But, I know Cardinals Care was running low on GU items last season, and having three auctions at each playoff game really depleted what they had. Since I'm trying to collect bats from every player on the 2011 team, I have my eye on several of them. Also want to get a Joplin jersey.
          Jeff,
          Did you get a look at what bats or batting helmets they had?
          Collecting Cardinals jerseys and bats, with a focus on Yadier Molina, Matt Holliday, and Adam Wainwright.

Tyler
          flotaboys@hotmail.com

Comment

• Birdbats
            • Nov 2005

Originally posted by flota89
            Jeff,
            Did you get a look at what bats or batting helmets they had?
            Saw several Jay, Furcal and Berkman bats, a couple Molinas and at least one of Craig, Freese and Holliday. There also was a Laird used by Jay and a Carpenter used by Lohse. I can only assume what I saw is going to be at the WWU. The helmets were boxed, so I couldn't see them. The Authentics booth will definitely be worth checking out as soon as you can.
            Jeff Scott
            birdbats@charter.net

Comment

• jscott0688
              • May 2010

Thanks Jeff. It's nice to know there is something to be excited for at the Warm Up.

Comment

• brianborsch
                • Dec 2005

If anyone is going, I am looking to buy the lineup card from 7/21/11 against the NY Mets. I'm not sure if they keep them if they played away...

Comment

• frikativ54
                  • Dec 2007

There are some WS jerseys on MLB.com Auctions. Here is the Berkman: http://auction.mlb.com/cgi-bin/ncomm...unbr=174059736.
                  Les Zukor
                  bagwellgameused@gmail.com
                  Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
                  (617) 682-0408

Comment

• flota89
                    • Jul 2009

Jeff, I wonder if some of those bigger bats are for the silent auctions?

I'm also curious if the Furcal/Molina bats were badly destroyed or if they were in decent shape?
                    Collecting Cardinals jerseys and bats, with a focus on Yadier Molina, Matt Holliday, and Adam Wainwright.

Tyler
                    flotaboys@hotmail.com

Comment

• Birdbats
                      • Nov 2005

Jeff, I wonder if some of those bigger bats are for the silent auctions?

I'm also curious if the Furcal/Molina bats were badly destroyed or if they were in decent shape?
                      Those bats are not for auction. The Authentics Store and Cardinals Care are separate entities, so if Authentics has them, they intend to sell them. The Furcal and Molina bats were cracked, but didn't seem to be destroyed.
                      Jeff Scott
                      birdbats@charter.net

Comment

• flota89
                        • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Birdbats
                        Those bats are not for auction. The Authentics Store and Cardinals Care are separate entities, so if Authentics has them, they intend to sell them. The Furcal and Molina bats were cracked, but didn't seem to be destroyed.
                        Sorry for all the questions, but did you see prices?

Tyler
                        flotaboys@hotmail.com

Comment

• Birdbats
                          • Nov 2005

Sorry for all the questions, but did you see prices?
                          No.
                          Jeff Scott
                          birdbats@charter.net

Comment

• onlyalbert
                            • Jan 2011

Originally posted by frikativ54
                            There are some WS jerseys on MLB.com Auctions. Here is the Berkman: http://auction.mlb.com/cgi-bin/ncomm...nbr=174059736.

Here's a question for anyone. Most of these jerseys are "Set 1". I know for a fact that late in the season a lot of players were on "Set 13" jerseys. Are these just extra gamers from the season with the WS patch added or did the team order for the WS start over with 'Set 1"? I notice the descriptions do not say anything about them being "worn in the WS" and as Jeff pointed out they have not been authenticated as such. Anybody have any ideas?

Comment

• onlyalbert
                              • Jan 2011

Originally posted by onlyalbert
                              Here's a question for anyone. Most of these jerseys are "Set 1". I know for a fact that late in the season a lot of players were on "Set 13" jerseys. Are these just extra gamers from the season with the WS patch added or did the team order for the WS start over with 'Set 1"? I notice the descriptions do not say anything about them being "worn in the WS" and as Jeff pointed out they have not been authenticated as such. Anybody have any ideas?

OK, I just realized it says "issued" and authenticated, but I do not see any MLB stickers on them. Anyone know why these are "set 1". That is the confusing part for me.

Comment

• flota89
                                • Jul 2009

Probably set one for the WS. I'm sure it starts over. And although it says issued, the description states that they show signs of wear. I do know all the bat from the store just say issued. Probably because the MLB authenticates wasn't there to watch them actually be used. Just my .02

Tyler
                                flotaboys@hotmail.com

Comment

Working...