Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cards82
    • Sep 2010

Re: 2012 Cardinals Winter Warm Up

The Cardinals did not order new jerseys for the World Series. They sent regular season jerseys to a company to have the series patches sewn on. Go to Birdbats sight Oct 18th and look at the segment that was aired on a local news broadcast.

Comment

• flota89
      • Jul 2009

Originally posted by cards82
      The Cardinals did not order new jerseys for the World Series. They sent regular season jerseys to a company to have the series patches sewn on. Go to Birdbats sight Oct 18th and look at the segment that was aired on a local news broadcast.
      I didn't know that information. I assumed they just made new ones. That does make it odd that they are low set numbers.
      Collecting Cardinals jerseys and bats, with a focus on Yadier Molina, Matt Holliday, and Adam Wainwright.

Tyler
      flotaboys@hotmail.com

Comment

• onlyalbert
        • Jan 2011

I have seen Jeff's post and the tv program. That was one of the reasons for the post. It just does not make sense that they would be set 1. I know in Sept they were all on like set 11 or 13. Jeff, any thoughts on this? I will be at the WWU this weekend and will post the question to Pat Daly who runs the Authentics store.

Comment

• frikativ54
          • Dec 2007

Originally posted by onlyalbert
          I have seen Jeff's post and the tv program. That was one of the reasons for the post. It just does not make sense that they would be set 1. I know in Sept they were all on like set 11 or 13. Jeff, any thoughts on this? I will be at the WWU this weekend and will post the question to Pat Daly who runs the Authentics store.
          If the Cards go through that many jerseys, what happens to all of them? Are they all sold to collectors? Do any of the jerseys show much use?

I am genuinely curious, because it's hard for me to fathom going through that many jerseys.

-Frik
          Les Zukor
          bagwellgameused@gmail.com
          Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
          (617) 682-0408

Comment

• Birdbats
            • Nov 2005

Originally posted by onlyalbert
            How many at auction actually are set 1? I didn't count that many. And it's not like everyone was on set 11 or 13 -- on 9/24 at jersey off the back day, Albert's shirt was set 9 and Yadi was set 4. Those are guys who probably get more shirts than other players. I'd have no problem buying a set 1. The couple jerseys on top of the stacks I saw exhibited very good wear.
            Jeff Scott
            birdbats@charter.net
            http://www.birdbats.com

Comment

• cards82
              • Sep 2010

I have two jerseys from the last online auction that was against the Cubs 9/23. Skip jersey 6 and Jay jersey 6 neither show much use. They still have inspector tags on the laundry label. Which leads me to believe they may have been wore that one game. I am sure these jerseys will show great use like Jeff said since they were used during the regular season but were they worn during the World Series? I am sure these jerseys will demand high prices due to the fact they may have been worn during the series. I am hoping Pat will be able to add some information to this question. I hope Pat does not get too tired of all of our questions this weekend! I am very sure we will keep him busy all weekend but we love him!

Comment

• rj_lucas
                • Apr 2009

I am sure these jerseys will show great use like Jeff said since they were used during the regular season but were they worn during the World Series?
                I sent Pat an email with the same question yesterday and here's the reply he sent.

----------------

Rick:

All of the jerseys were used at some point during the season and were
                washed numerous times and some show signs of wear such as snags,
                stains, pilling and fading of stitching. Our club almost always places
                postseason patches (if applicable) on existing uniforms rather than
                purchasing new ones for a series. The clubhouse tells me these were used
                in the World Series but I cannot attest to that and none are MLB
                authenticated as game-used in the WS or otherwise. They are all
                authenticated as 'Team Issued' with only general information because
                they were done after the fact and the authenticator did not see them
                come directly off of the player's back.

I hope this helps.

Pat

Comment

• DonTheLegend
                  • Sep 2006

FYI, ....im looking for Lankford auto tickets if anyone has one or a few to unload.
                  donnyatdpi@gmail.com

Comment

• MLB~NUT
                    • Feb 2011

RJ best of luck on that FREESE, thats alot of money for not being a game 6 or 7 home jersey which we know the gm 6 is in the HOF...

Comment

• MLB~NUT
                      • Feb 2011

my other question is I saw the replay from P.D., but at the end of each WS jersey descrip.it say each is MLB AUTHENTICATED!!! Which is it, LOL???

Comment

• calgrad1999
                        • Mar 2007

Has anyone attempted to photomatch the jerseys? I know it's
                        tough. It seems like a gamble. I have one past ws gamer
                        I was able to photomatch.

Any ws jerseys at wwu? I might be interested in getting one
                        mmikemag@aol.com

Comment

• jscott0688
                          • May 2010

Day one at the Winter Warm up went pretty well for me. My first stop was at the Cardinals Authentics booth where they had common player World Series jerseys for $325. I picked up the Lance Lynn home white jersey and was able to get him to sign and inscribe it "Game Used WS Champ 2011". I talked to Pat Daly and he said they are going to save the batting helmets (of which they have roughly five) and the stars and stripes caps that Jeff was referring to for Opening Day.

My next stop was the Cardinals Care team store, which was not nearly as stocked as most previous years, but much better than last year. They had two racks up jerseys priced at $100 for home whites, $75 for road greys and $50 for pregame/batting practice jerseys. They also had a tub of bats (including Rasmus and mostly no-name players), 2010 Civil Rights Game Caps, and 2010 stars and stripes Caps. I was really glad to get Blake Hawksworth's cap from the Civil Rights game as I already have his jersey from that game. I also picked up four Stars and Strips caps (Dave Duncan, Pedro Feliz, Blake Hawksworth and Ryan Franklin), which all show nice use. Perhaps the coolest thing I picked up here was a prototype of the pregame jersey the Cardinals chose not to wear this year (see photo below and full story here; notice the blue shoulders). My friend got the prototype of the style they did choose to go with as well as a Colby Rasmus pink mothers day bat. I also picked up an Eduardo Sanchez pregame jersey and a Joe Kelly spring training batting practice jersey at the store.

As far as autographs, I got my Lynn jersey and my two Zack Cox spring training jerseys signed and inscribed today.

Tomorrow I will get two more of my Shelby Miller jerseys signed and I also hope to pick up one of the Joplin patch jerseys at the silent auction.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• frikativ54
                            • Dec 2007

Originally posted by jscott0688
                            Day one at the Winter Warm up went pretty well for me. My first stop was at the Cardinals Authentics booth where they had common player World Series jerseys for $325. I picked up the Lance Lynn home white jersey and was able to get him to sign and inscribe it "Game Used WS Champ 2011". I talked to Pat Daly and he said they are going to save the batting helmets (of which they have roughly five) and the stars and stripes caps that Jeff was referring to for Opening Day.
                            That's an awesome deal for the World Series jerseys. I wonder how many were actually used in the WS though.

Did they have any Rally Squirrel stuff there? Did the Squirrel make an appearance at Winter Warm Up?
                            Les Zukor
                            bagwellgameused@gmail.com
                            Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
                            (617) 682-0408

Comment

• jscott0688
                              • May 2010

Originally posted by frikativ54
                              That's an awesome deal for the World Series jerseys. I wonder how many were actually used in the WS though.

Did they have any Rally Squirrel stuff there? Did the Squirrel make an appearance at Winter Warm Up?
                              They all definitely show use, but it remains to be determined how many were actually used in the series.

The rally squirrel was not present today, but was nonetheless well represented at a lot of the booths.

Comment

• randyjbeck
                                • Jan 2010

I picked up a cracked Rasmussen bat, Jose Lopez Civil rights hat. I have a jersey from the game but I think I have Franklin. Can't remember at the moment. I also got a Derek Lilliquist autographed Joplin hat and Kozma set 1 home jersey that I had him sign. I also had Cox sign my spring training GU that I bought from the authentics store earlier in the year. Saw the World Series jerseys. Most of the guys that were left when I looked I believe we're guys who were not on the world series roster like Patterson

Any chance you want to get rid of one of your Miller jerseys
                                Randy J Beck

Comment

Working...