Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: 2012 collecting goals

Quote Originally Posted by AutographAddiction View Post
    A year ago I was just 3-4 months into the hobby.

I said that I wanted to get UNC items--I ended up with two pairs of game worn basketball shoes(Ty Lawson and Wayne Ellington), a Vince Carter Raptors jersey, and 2 football jerseys(Ronald Curry and Brandon Tate).

I said that I want my first Braves jersey and more bats--I ended up with 6 jerseys(Chipper Jones, Brian McCann, Jeff Franceour(2), Jair Jurrjens, and Nate Mclouth) and 6 bats(Jeff Franceour(2), Andruw Jones, Troy Glaus, and Matt Diaz(2))

I also said that I hoped to get some items in person as well--I ended up with a Dwight Howard jersey and countless pairs of UNC football gloves. Unfortunately, Bryce Harper promised me a bat and didn't deliver...

Lastly, I said that I'd really like to get a Griffey bat or jersey and anything Hakeem Nicks--none of which I have been able to acquire...yet!

What a great year of collecting I had!
    I forgot to add my goals for this year...

Obtain more UNC, Charlotte Bobcats, Atlanta Braves, and Carolina Panthers items.

Specifically, a UNC bball jersey, Carolina Panthers jerseys, and some more NBA superstar items.

I'd love to unearth an unwashed Brunell away Jaguars jersey. But, the way things have been going, I'd like to find any Brunell game used jersey.

Great thread!

In 2011 I was able to knock a # of players from the 1994 49er GU jersey "wanted list", including 2 I had been looking for for quite some time. I acquired, in a trade with a GUU member, the kicker Doug Brien. Another forum member sold me a Steve Wallace playoff shirt. I also acquired an additional Steve Wallace non throwback, worn vs the Raiders and Eagles, via GUU! This forum has really helped expand my collection and helped me connect with new friends as well as reintroduce me to collectors I had not heard from in almost 20 years!!!

My collecting goals for 2012:

Purchase the 3 remaining 1994 49er gamers I need to complete the entire starting lineup of offensive, defensive and special teams players. The 3 are:

Lee Woodall-linebacker
    Dennis Brown-defensive tackle
    Derrick Deese-offensive lineman

I am also looking to add ANY 1994 49er GU item. I am still looking for GU footballs with team letters including a SB ball, practice shirts with team letters and any pre, regular or post season gamer of any player.

I will pay absolutely TOP $$$ for ANY 1994 49er GU item!

Another goal is to add to the vintage 49er GU collection, which is never easy to do. I am looking for Hacksaw Reynolds, Russ Francis, Ray Wersching and Fred Dean. Any other early to late 80s 49er gamers are always on my want list.

Paying a finders fee for quality 49er GU items!
    Paul
    garciajones@yahoo.com

Well, looking ahead at a very likely promotion come the new year and pay raise to boot....I am ready to make a splash in my collection by adding a Cubs GU flannel of a signifigant player. That does not mean Banks, Santo, Fergie or Williams...... but maybe it will find me a Kessinger, Hundley, Holtzman or Beckert.

Besides that I want to start collecting some Bulls jerseys, warm ups and shoes of the present and early 90's.

Hope everyone finds what they are looking for..

Happy Holidays,

BIGSTIG

I hope to sell my entire texas rangers collection.
    Baseball do what it do
    -Ron Washington

Banned

Exclamation Re: 2012 collecting goals

I was able to only attend a small number of games in 2011 due to finances. While it was a good year for hawking baseballs, it was the first time in recent memory that I didn't add a bat or a cap to my collection. I gave two players (a White Sox pitcher and a Mets outfielder) SASE's for caps, but neither came through. So for 2012, it can't be worse than 2011, and hopefully will be significantly better.

Dave Miedema

I have a great lead on the one item I have been wanting for a while. Should that work out, I think I am going to cool my heels on adding to my collection and try to find out a better way to display and preserve what I have.

Outside that, I think this year I want to spend a lot of time trying to become more educated in the hobby. I still feel like I am a novice in numerous way, and I want to be more knowledgeable and also be a positive member that adds to our community more.
    Cheers,
    Jack

Actively looking for a Brad Lidge Philadelphia Phillies Game Used Cap!
    My Memorabilia Collection

My goal for this coming up year is to trade a custom painting in exchanged for a GU jersey or fielding glove. I think that should be a feasible goal

Quote Originally Posted by Jags Fan Dan View Post
    I'd love to unearth an unwashed Brunell away Jaguars jersey. But, the way things have been going, I'd like to find any Brunell game used jersey.
    There's this Mark Brunell supercollector that has pretty much everything brunell.

I am looking to add a Randy Johnson game used bat from the year he was with the Giants. I already have a strong lead. It's just a small thing called money holding me back lol.