X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • legaleagle92481
    Banned
    • Oct 2009

2012 collecting goals

as a followup to the thread jake posted about collecting highlights of 2011 I was curious as to what everyone's collecting goals are for 2012? Mine are to keep enhancing my collection in every way possible. I am sticking solely to football and focusing on future hall of famers/all pro type players and young players who I think will be big stars. In the former category I am hoping to find an Aaron Rodgers, a Maurice Jones Drew and a Junior Seau. In the later category I am hoping to find a Jason Pierre Paul, Julio Jones and AJ Green.
  • lakeerie92
    • Oct 2008

Re: 2012 collecting goals

Originally posted by legaleagle92481
    as a followup to the thread jake posted about collecting highlights of 2011 I was curious as to what everyone's collecting goals are for 2012? Mine are to keep enhancing my collection in every way possible. I am sticking solely to football and focusing on future hall of famers/all pro type players and young players who I think will be big stars. In the former category I am hoping to find an Aaron Rodgers, a Maurice Jones Drew and a Junior Seau. In the later category I am hoping to find a Jason Pierre Paul, Julio Jones and AJ Green.
    My number one goal is to get a Chipper Jones game used bat to go in my collection since I had to sell the 4 I had earlier this year.

My other goal is to enhance my game used commemorative baseball collection by 10 baseballs this year. I don't think that is unreasonable with the Red Sox, Orioles, Mets, Astros, and Dodgers already confirmed to be using commemorative baseballs this season. I figure to add a HRD ball or two, two ASG baseballs, Civil Rights Game, and hopefully the Marlins will have something to commemorate the new stadium.
    Russell Wuerffel
    Always looking for Chipper Jones game used bats and authenticated hits and MLB authenticated commemorative logo basballs.
    lakeerie92 @ yahoo.com

Comment

• frikativ54
      • Dec 2007

I'm looking for a pair of Jeff Bagwell's 2005 Darryl Kile Tribute Spikes. In general, I'm hoping to add to my Bagwell cleat collection. If you have anything, feel free to email me. Thanks.

I also hope to find a Bagwell game-used glove. I'm hoping that one will show up one of these days.
      Les Zukor
      bagwellgameused@gmail.com
      Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
      (617) 682-0408

Comment

• asr1084
        • Apr 2011

Shin-Soo Choo anything!

Comment

• AWA85
          • Jan 2008

2 big pick ups I would like to track down:

Hammered Ken Griffey Jr. jersey from the Reds or Mariners.

Barry Larkin red alternate jersey.

AWA85@live.com if you know of the where abouts of these missing items.
          Looking for: Joey Votto game used items.

Comment

• DJaeger22
            • Oct 2010

A Yankees, Red Sox or Padres John Flaherty jersey
            Always looking for anything John Flaherty, Drew Storen and Marcell Ozuna game used.
            jaeger_danny@yahoo.com

Comment

• jake33
              • Nov 2005

By making this list, i realized how great 2011 was in collecting

Baseball
              I am going to the 2012 all star game and will likely want an item on which ever Ray(s) players make it, hope the 2012 all star home jerseys are the light blue of the royals, but I am thinking it will be the royal blue

- MLB All Star Futures game used hat of the 1 or 2 rays players that make the team, I am thinking it will again be Hak Ju Lee and Tim Beckham, perhaps a ball used by one of them as well.

- Dan Johnson Rays game used hat or Cleats

- Hak Ju Lee spring training jersey,

- JP Howell WBC game used baseball from 09

- Matt Joyce's 2012 throwback game used helmet

Football
              - Bucs London jerseys of Sean Jones, Michael Koenen, Jeremy Trueblood, Corey Lynch

- a 9/11 Bucs tribute jersey 6 have hit the market so far

- save up to buy the 1990 Bucs game used helmet that i have been eyeing for 6 months

- Trent Dilfer game dated Bucs jersey, 1997-1998 seasons

- 1996 ORANGE game used Bucs jersey, I am still upset that I sold that Kenneth Gant 6 years ago and cannot get it back

- Hardy Nickerson game used Bucs jersey from 1993-1999, I am amazed I let 2-3 of these sell from my personal collection over the last few years, considering e is my all time favorite player

- possibly a Mike Alstott gamer with good use, I sold RK Gibson a 2003 Bucs gamer back in 2005, that was the best Alstott gamer I ever saw, probably won't see that again though

Comment

• WadeInBmore
                • Sep 2007

I would have to say my top three goals are the following...

1) Frank Thomas GU Alt Black White Sox Jersey
                2) Frank Thomas GU White Sox Batting Helmet
                3) Frank Thomas GU Diablo Bat (A's era, haven't seen one fs yet)

Willing to pay a finders fee

Happy Collecting guys!

wade

Comment

• prichmond
                  • Mar 2010

68-76 oakland A's uniforms and bats

Current Gaints pitchers jersery's

Looking at Seattle pilots jersery's as a new area

pete

Comment

• Flamechicken
                    • Jul 2010

Jordy Nelson GU Packers jersey.

Comment

• murfsteve25
                      • Oct 2008

as always im looking to add to my David Justice collection. I was fortunate to add some very nice pieces in 2011, and i hope that it continues throughout 2012. I've been trying to hunt down an A's gamer for years now with not much luck. I hope to track one down this year and get it added to my collection.
                      Always buying David Justice items

Comment

• brianborsch
                        • Dec 2005

I managed to get a GU hit ball that was hit by Joe Benson for his 2nd MLB hit (of course the players always get their 1st hit), and it happens to be his 1st career double.

I have followed Joe Benson a little over the last few years and like his skills and what he brings to the table for the Twins so now I am trying to look for items from Mr. Benson. In particular it would be cool to get the bat he used for the hit. But that is unlikely. We'll see!

Comment

• dplettn
                          • Dec 2010

Have found some awesome stuff collecting in the era my kids will remember forever, but I've been hoping for the same thing for myself since I started collecting. A nice 70s Bench bat.

plettner@fuse.net

Comment

• rwoodsbats
                            • Jul 2008

I was able to mark a lot of bats off my want list in 2011. In 2012 if I could land a mothers day bat from a Mariners player I would be pretty happy!

Best of luck to you all in your hunt!

Comment

• woody1351
                              • Dec 2008

1. Dan Marino jersey
                              A jersey or helmet from anyone who went to WIU. Ed Hartwell, aaron stecker, mike scifres, bryan cox(dolphins) jason williams, rick or paul reuschel, frank winters, don beebe, rodney harrison, mike wagner, fabien bownes, frisman jackson, gunnard twyner, etc.

Carl Edwards did a ford promo with the dolphins and they gave him a edwards dolphins jersey. that jersey.

im sure i could think of more if i sat here long enough

Comment

Working...