Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Boston Celtics Game Jersey Johnson?

Anyone know who this Boston Celtics player could be? JOHNSON #32 w/'70s Sand Knit tag.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Re: Boston Celtics Game Jersey Johnson?

Didn't you just get that on eBay? I thought it might be a preseason jersey. Still worth more than you paid.

John Johnson, 23rd pick in the 3rd round from Michigan

No, we just purchased this jersey in a collection with other jerseys that had all been packed away for 25+ years...

I believe it might be the earlier John Johnson(Cavaliers) 1st rd pick back in '71. Later in his career, during the 1977 season Johnson was traded to Boston from the Rockets & then later that year was sold back to the Rockets...

Banned

What caught my eye were the Sand-Knits tags. The top tag looks to be from the mid 1970's while the bottom tag from the late 1970's. Perhaps a transitional year for the tags? Why the different color thread?

Jim

That is strange. Has anyone else ran into a sand knit shirt with tags that either don't match years or have mismatched threading, I don't think I have.

Quote Originally Posted by sportsinvestments View Post
    I believe it might be the earlier John Johnson(Cavaliers) 1st rd pick back in '71. Later in his career, during the 1977 season Johnson was traded to Boston from the Rockets & then later that year was sold back to the Rockets...
    The John Johnson that was drafted in 1981, that I posted, is a different J.J. and never made an NBA roster. I would look into the John Johnson who was traded in 1977.

isnt that bottom tag glued on? i also noticed the different threads then i remembered its a fake stich

Banned

Cool Re: Boston Celtics Game Jersey Johnson?

The list of NBA uniform numbers on www.apbr.org shows several #32s for Boston in the 1970s but no Johnsons among them. These listings are limited to regular season rosters.

Dave Miedema