Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Baseball's new labor contract changes

The new labor deal has some changes starting this year:

Any player who wants to change uniform numbers without switching teams has to give eight months notice unless he's willing to purchase the inventory of apparel containing the player's jersey number.

Expanding replay to include fair-or-foul calls, trap plays and fan interference. Umpire approval is needed for the change to take effect.

A ban on players getting tattoos with corporate logos.(Didn't know it was a problem)

Re: Baseball's new labor contract changes

Interesting about players buying the inventory of the previous number holder. Who would those jerseys belong to then? If I were playing, I'd change my number to any high name superstar that gets traded away...just to buy out the inventory.

Re: Baseball's new labor contract changes

Quote Originally Posted by Trublubrucru View Post
    Expanding replay to include fair-or-foul calls, trap plays and fan interference.
    I could have sworn that they were already reviewing "fan interference" calls. Maybe the instances I'm thinking of were mainly "in" or "out" reviews, and they just happened to also include the possibility of fan interference.

Quote Originally Posted by Trublubrucru
    Umpire approval is needed for the change to take effect.
    Well, that's too bad. What are the chances those arrogant pricks will want to relinquish any of their discretionary power to screw up a ball game?