Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Banned

Re: Dallas Cowboys Collections

Some nice pieces there. Since the Lee Roy Jordan jersey is mesh and not dureen, that means it's missing the nameplate.

Quote Originally Posted by slats7 View Post
    Some nice pieces there. Since the Lee Roy Jordan jersey is mesh and not dureen, that means it's missing the nameplate.

Yes, that's correct. What are your thoughts about having the NOB restored - if I can find someone to do a perfect job?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffredsfan View Post
    Yes, that's correct. What are your thoughts about having the NOB restored - if I can find someone to do a perfect job?
    There's some guy who sells vintage authentic nameplates on eBay. Maybe he can help you out if you contact him.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Authentic-DA...item2a179fc896

Here is some of my collection.

Miles Austin game used 9/11 cleats

Jason Witten game used jersey

cleats-Mike Jenkins, Sean Lee, Anthony Spencer, Miles Austin

gloves-Sam Hurd, Mike Jenkins x4, Terence Newman x2, Bradie James, Martellus Bennett, Sean Lee

Miles Austin gloves

Orlando Scandrick gloves

Some items I no longer own.
    looking for anything from former Tampa Bay Buccaneer & current Jacksonville Jag Roy Miller

Won the game used Felix Jones Helmet and Equipment Bag!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Awesome collection 94!

That Felix Jones helmet looks better than I thought, great pick up!

I just picked this up last week. Supposively Chuck Howleys helmet from his last season. After a little investigation I decided what the hell, and took a shot at it.

I was in Dallas last week and met up with my wife's uncle who is into creating laser cut art made of glass and such. I know it's not game used but I thought it was something nice to share.

Felix Jones Helmet

Hello,

Sorry for the late response on the helmet, but I am almost positive the helmets are cleaned and repaired after each game, taking a lot of the surface wear off in the process. I have had seven Cowboys game helmets over the years and none really showed a ton of exterior use (face mask scuff marks, paint transfers, scrathces, etc.). The center stripes are usually replaced each game and cut just above the dymo tape (like you helmet). Also they are painted 'Cowboys blue' and though they appear silver if you had two side by side you can see the blue in the paint. The repainting of the helmets produce a visible buildup mostly on the chin pad rivets and the rear raised safety seal as well. I would check the final game of the 2010 season (play off game against the Eagles) to see if any of the marks can be seen in that game.

I hope this helps and glad you got that helmet for your collection. I hope this thread keeps growing.

Jay

Cowboys Helmet

Did not mean that they are repainted after each game, just that after each actual reconditioning you can notice the build up of paint over an original new helmet. In fact the only game helmet I have ever seen where this is not the case was a Terell Owens Cowboys helmet which still had the silver rivets on the jaw pads. It is a great helmet as well and someone on this forum has (had) it.

Jay

Thanks Jay!