Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Why I hate Fed Ex...

Let me preface this by saying this is not an indictment of 8D Auctions or anyone affiliated with the currently ended Auction.

So, I've been following my Tracking number on Fed Ex since receiving it (Thanks Chris and everyone at 8D/GUU for the Tracking Link) following it's journey to my house.

Yesterday showed it in the Henderson, CO location (about 15 miles from my house) and expected delivery today (12/24/11). It also shows it is SIGNATURE REQUIRED which I'm fine with. I have to work today, but my wife and son are home, so someone will be there to sign for it.

I check my eMail about an hour ago and I have a new message from FedEx - package was delivered at 8:13am today and signed for by PERINO.

Perino? Who the ^%$# is that? So I'm kind of freaking out thinking they took my stuff to the wrong house... I call home and wake up my wife and kid and have them check the porch... Thank god the package was there, but the FedEx guy didn't even ring the doorbell. (If he had, my dog would have been going crazy and would have woken up my wife and kid). He just dropped the package, signed a name and left.

So I called Fed Ex and filed a complaint. What if someone took my package? They show they have a signature - would I have any recourse?

Just putting it out there so you guys can all be on the look-out for your Fed-Ex packages.

It's things like this that have made me quit using FedEx and UPS.

Sorry for the rant, but I would hate to see it happen to someone else here and then they end up not getting their package!

Can't wait to get home and open it! It's like an early Christmas present to myself!

- Smitty

Re: Why I hate Fed Ex...

It is startling that this stuff happens, but even after the two videos of poor delivery guys showing up on news stations and youtube. Fedex and UPS are going to have a lot of explaining to do.

The Fedex video showed a driver not ringing the doorbell(gate) and throwing a flat screen tv over the fence <g>

The UPS video showed the driver flipping off a security camera and tossing the package onto the steps.

WOW. Glad the package was there Smitty.

wade

Wade -

I saw the 'flat screen over the fence' video. Didn't hear about the flipping off the security camera one!

But other horror stories here (empty bat boxes, etc) had me keeping an eye 'on the prize' as it were. That's why when I saw the 'signed for by' name I called the house immediately.

Did you win anything from the auction?

Hope all is well for you and yours and best wishes for a Joyous Holiday Season!

All the best -

Smitty

Your wife and kids are lucky to get their sleep. Thank goodness UPS and Fedex deliver to my house in the late afternoon...my dogs can hear those trucks a couple blocks away and just wait to go nuts if he stops (anywhere near our house).

Glad the package arrived ok, but it is scary that the drivers will do this kind of stuff. Once their integrity is lost on this level, would anyone really want to trust them with anything at all?

I got a package from UPS earlier this month that had someone else's package in it. It appears that at the last major hub before delivery it was opened and somehow someone else's package was put inside and then mine was taped back shut again. When it arrived I found the other package inside and notified UPS they scheduled to pick it up and told me to leave it outside of my front door. I left it outside and it stayed there for a week and a half until the next delivery.
    Russell Wuerffel
    Always looking for Chipper Jones game used bats and authenticated hits and MLB authenticated commemorative logo basballs.
    lakeerie92 @ yahoo.com

I know your upset they left it there, but guessing he maybe didn't want to wake people up being Saturday. Then signed for it cause it's close to Christmas.

Banned

Angry Re: Why I hate Fed Ex...

It's gotten better over the last couple of years, but the problem with both FedEx and UPS by me was half-assed "attempts" by the drivers to let me know they were there with a delivery. With many drivers there was no ringing the bell nor any knocking on the door...they'd just run in, slap the "we missed you sticker" on the door and run out again.

Dave Miedema

I used to dislike FedEx the most of all the carriers. They would come at noon, when I'm working, and if my wife didn't happen to be home, so be it. Then they'd leave that sticker on my door, and I'd find the backing laying on my porch!

But in the last year or so, I've had a new guy, and he's great. If he misses me the first time, he calls me when he's done with his route, and if I'm home then he'll swing by. Really went from crummy service to exceptional.

I'm actually lucky, the UPS guy, the USPS guy, and the FedEx guy are all fantastic.

Ken
    earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

At least the driver delivered the package to the right house, Smitty. A Fed Ex driver either stole or misdelivered a jersey if mine back in August and lied about it, changing his story ten times. I'm lucky the jersey was insured, but somewhere out there my Corey Hart Bierbrauer jersey is in incorrect and unscrupulous hands.

I agree with Ken. Not all driver are bad and I actually have a good driver who will "backtrack" to make sure that he gets most of the items delivered too. Kudos to them and it's a shame that they have poor coworkers that make them look bad (I guess the same can be said for any profession).