Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

View Poll Results: What Kind of Jersey Collector are You?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Style First

7 21.88%
  • Use First

2 6.25%
  • Player First

23 71.88%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: How do you decide Between a Rack of Your Team's Game Used Jerseys?

Quote Originally Posted by Marrdar View Post
    What do you do when you find the player you want but there is no wear, as you say, the jersey looked too crisp?
    I had a diliemma where I found the player I wanted, but the wear, even though authenticated as game used, (he did not play that day), it looked like it was worn once. This was not a one game style, but their regular road jersey. I decided to not pick up the jersey and choose another player jersey that had a lot of wear.
    I know the feeling. I had something similar happen once when I called about some game used jerseys. If I hadn't been so desperate for my favorite player with a certain patch on the sleeve, I wouldn't have bought it at all. I was told it had no use. But to my pleasant surprise, when I got the jersey and examined it, it did show some use. So - problem averted!
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Thank you for sharing your story. I ended up picking up a spring training/batting practice jersey of the same player from the team. Ton of wear, 20% of the cost of the tagged game used jersey with no wear.

On the money I saved, I ended up getting other jerseys on other players I liked, so it ended up well.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrdar View Post
    Thank you for sharing your story. I ended up picking up a spring training/batting practice jersey of the same player from the team. Ton of wear, 20% of the cost of the tagged game used jersey with no wear.

On the money I saved, I ended up getting other jerseys on other players I liked, so it ended up well.
    That's cool that you were able to find another jersey for a fraction of the price. And to find other players as well. I'm not primarily a jersey collector, so when I buy them, I am pretty particular about what I get. Unless I am looking for a particular style or patch, a no-use shirt just doesn't have any appeal to me.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

I am mostly a team collector, I try to have at least one of every style/patch. Also, I like as much use as possible, but at the same time, unlike most I try to avoid having double of the same player, so player choice important as well. So for me if I have a rack of jersey's in from of my, first I pick style, then sort to find the ones with good use, finally I pick the player I like/need, but if I can't find a good balance of the 3 I just pass until another comes along.