Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question for the board regarding values of Jerseys and JO

do you think the prices on JO's site deliver an accurate representation of jerseys and their respective values given the player?

and not just jerseys, helmets, shoes, etc ...

want some opinions on this matter if you would be so kind

Re: Question for the board regarding values of Jerseys and JO

I think JO holds the market for the teams they offer and take advantage of that in their pricing. Personally I feel alot of their items are overpriced and you will never be able to recoup your money if you sell the jersey again. Then again, some people are willing to pay for that "piece of mind".

I am a fan of JO and their unwashed game used. That said, they are extremely over priced.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Let me start by telling you this: I have never used steroids, period."

Banned

Those are their asking prices noone pays those except on the hottest players. Their actual prices are very fair. NFL Auctions and Packers website jerseys to me are way more overpriced. The Packers want almost $2k for a kicker's jersey. A kicker!

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle92481 View Post
    Those are their asking prices noone pays those except on the hottest players. Their actual prices are very fair. NFL Auctions and Packers website jerseys to me are way more overpriced. The Packers want almost $2k for a kicker's jersey. A kicker!
    The Packers did sell a Rodgers for 7500 though where JO was selling it upwards of 1200 i believe. It all depends on the player. I think JO is overpriced but they do control the market so there is not much people can do. Then again who knows how much they get the stuff for though.

Banned

overprice is subjective...if you want the REAL thing... it costs money. If your looking for a bargin.. then eBay is a great choice but chances are your buying an overpriced un-used piece of cloth

Quote Originally Posted by mickeymbz View Post
    overprice is subjective...if you want the REAL thing... it costs money. If your looking for a bargin.. then eBay is a great choice but chances are your buying an overpriced un-used piece of cloth
    I can say i have seen plenty of JO's jerseys on ebay from third parties and they don't sell for half of what they paid from JO.

Banned

It all depends on what you buy. Stars hold their value as they stay in the news in people's minds and alot of people collect them. Guys who are average players or below don't hold their value no matter where you obtain them because less people collect them.

Banned

By stars I mean the skill position and top defensive guys. Even Pro Bowl level guys at less newsworthy positions don't hold their value well like offensive lineman and non-stats based defensive position like nose tackles, etc.

Banned

Also for many players the market is saturated which again drives the demand and the price down. Nick Mangold, Brian Dawkins, Champ Bailey, Jared Allen, Kevin Williams, Clinton Portis and Jake Long are great examples of awesome players of whom there are a slew of jerseys on the market.