Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Masauction

Re: Masauction

Howard-

Please re-read my post carefully.

First- you know what you're trying to do. You are looking for trouble.

Second- please re-read my original post, I think it's pretty clear.

When people post things here, I very often have to dig around to corroborate information to make sure that the information is accurate. Mitch has answered every question I asked him. I won't share what those questions were, but you should know that he has helped with many topics ever since we got started on the old forum.

Eric

Banned

Eric-
    I resent the fact that you state I'm "looking for trouble". This is an unfounded and completely ridiculous statement on your part. I have read, re-read and re-re read your initial post.

What's now clear to me is that you are allowing your own personal bias/relationship with Mitch to cloud your ability to handle this subject in an unbiased manner.

Personally, I've purchased a few shirts from Mitch and communicated with him via Ebay. All of my shirts were top notch and he seems to have a good knowledge of equipment. I never questioned this or brought it up, as you said to keep to the facts.

Regardless, you instructed a fellow reader to start a thread and I took the initiative to do so. There was no hidden meaning or other motive to my post. Should you continue to feel that my posts and threads here are made to simply "look for trouble", by all means let me know and I'll certainly curtail my contributions on your site.

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Howard-

Please re-read my post carefully.

First- you know what you're trying to do. You are looking for trouble.

Second- please re-read my original post, I think it's pretty clear.

When people post things here, I very often have to dig around to corroborate information to make sure that the information is accurate. Mitch has answered every question I asked him. I won't share what those questions were, but you should know that he has helped with many topics ever since we got started on the old forum.

Eric

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kingjammy24 View Post

joel, i believe mitch's name legitimately arose in the asi/historic thread simply because he sold turtlegrrl18 numerous game-issued jerseys.
    Rudy, that is fine. So now his name once again has to be dragged through the mud because he sold legitimate merchandise? He paid his debt to society, and Howard now has a problem that I bring up that I did business with him last week (as I have also bought quite a few of his Timberwolves collection on eBay in the last few months) and that I attended his mother's funeral last week?

I just thought this was poor timing, just as I watched Dave Medima have his name run through the mud in the past on this forum when he clearly has become an outstanding member of society after being punished for past errors. In both cases, we will never know the full story, but too many people assume.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by hblakewolf View Post
    Should you continue to feel that my posts and threads here are made to simply "look for trouble", by all means let me know and I'll certainly curtail my contributions on your site.
    Is that a promise?

I too have bought and sold to Mitch in the past. However, regardless of whether or not a person has "paid his debt to society", there will always be a stigma surrounding a person who has used shady and/or illegal business practices in the past. This is simply a fact and I personally would be very wary of someone who has done something like this in the past. I'm not saying any of Mitch's items are bogus (they clearly are not), however, we must scrutinize those who have been implicated in the past a lot more carefully.

Tim

Banned

Tim, my point is Mitch is getting picked on because he legitimately sold to a seller on eBay in the past few months. My question is why now?

Let me see, in the past Tim, Howard, Joel (3rd person) and others on this forum have bought from MS Auctions. It appears we were all happy with our completed transactions. Why does his name once again get slung in the mud because he legitimately sold to an eBay seller?

Are you telling me that each and every time someone plea-bargains with the US Government we should remind the world about their issues until the day they die? I have friends who found they had to plea-bargain with the Federal Government in the Chicago Commodity Scandal years ago because their options were to defend and bankrupt themselves and their family or plea-bargain and still be able to have money to pay their bills. It was a no-choice for them in their situations, and they are still trading at the Chicago Mercantile Exchange today. Should other traders bring up this each time this person makes a trade on the floor?

Similar theories.

Quote Originally Posted by hblakewolf View Post
    What's now clear to me is that you are allowing your own personal bias/relationship with Mitch to cloud your ability to handle this subject in an unbiased manner.
    Howard-

I simply wanted to offer information you didn't know about Mr Schumaker before you made conclusions based on the things you already did know about him.

I am sorry that you feel my judgment has been clouded.

I was just trying to show that everything isn't always how it appears.
    Thanks
    Eric

Quote Originally Posted by trsent View Post
    Tim, my point is Mitch is getting picked on because he legitimately sold to a seller on eBay in the past few months. My question is why now?

Let me see, in the past Tim, Howard, Joel (3rd person) and others on this forum have bought from MS Auctions. It appears we were all happy with our completed transactions. Why does his name once again get slung in the mud because he legitimately sold to an eBay seller?

Are you telling me that each and every time someone plea-bargains with the US Government we should remind the world about their issues until the day they die? I have friends who found they had to plea-bargain with the Federal Government in the Chicago Commodity Scandal years ago because their options were to defend and bankrupt themselves and their family or plea-bargain and still be able to have money to pay their bills. It was a no-choice for them in their situations, and they are still trading at the Chicago Mercantile Exchange today. Should other traders bring up this each time this person makes a trade on the floor?

Similar theories.
    Joel, I understand your point. What I'm saying is that people will always be suspicious of people conneted to scandals or illegal activity, no matter how many times someone tells them they have reformed their ways. Your CME example is a good one. I am very closely connected to the financial markets and I had a friend two years ago get investigated by SEC (it was well publicized). As a result, while he didn't have to give up any type of NASD licensing he had at that point, other traders and fund managers were concerned about doing business with him because of his past legal troubles. Is this fair? I guess it's really up to others to decide and do whatever their gut tells them is right.

Tim

Banned

Eric-
    What information have you provided about Mitch since my last post, or for that matter, since this thread started? Can you possibly take all of us under the tent and allow us to share in this amazing knowledge that Mitch has bestowed upon you, yet you find as confidential? (Out of curiosity, why do you refer to him as Mr. Schumaker and not Mitch? I thought he was your good buddy?)

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Howard-

I simply wanted to offer information you didn't know about Mr Schumaker before you made conclusions based on the things you already did know about him.

I am sorry that you feel my judgment has been clouded.

I was just trying to show that everything isn't always how it appears.
    Thanks
    Eric

seems to me that a person that sells bogus memorabilia, that goes as far as offering a bogus LOA, is making a concerned effort to decieve. maybe if he didnt get caught, he might NOT have repented (only a thought). if all that were decieved by this character were made whole, and only then, i could MAYBE look the other way. probaby some are still holding bogus merchandise thinking they have something of value. lets not forget those that were decieved. thats my 2 cents Jeff