Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Masauction

Re: Masauction

Quote Originally Posted by hblakewolf View Post
    Eric-
    Can you possibly take all of us under the tent and allow us to share in this amazing knowledge that Mitch has bestowed upon you, yet you find as confidential?
    Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Howard,

You first - Please let us know what great and important knowledge you were going to impart to Skinner19 about Clemens jersey tagging that you had to do it via a private e-mail....why not enlighten all of us...
    Dave

Howard-

You just can't leave it alone, can you?
    Let me try to explain it again. You know first hand that there is a lot that is discussed off the forum about content on the forum. You and I have had many of those conversations, and I will respect our right of privacy and not share the content of those conversations here.

Well guess what, Mitch (whom I have never met nor done business with) and I have discussed many hobby topics. At times, if I hear something or want to find independent confirmation about a detail, here or there I throw it out to various people I know- some who post on the forum and some who don't.

Mr. Schumaker is one of those people, and as I said before he has been a valuable resource.

He has always been good about helping me find answers, and I thank him for that.

Again, that's about all I'd like to go into about our conversations.
    Eric

Banned

Eric-
    I did not repsond to Dave O'Briens previous request seeking my input on my prior post, however, this is now the second time he has specifically asked me to disclose the contents of my email with Skinner19. As such, I will provide a brief summary.

Skinner16 is a new member to the Forum, and was seeking specific information about Astros jerseys. I wanted to simply let him in on some of previous information that was discussed here about this subject. I refrained from doing it "publically" and wanted to contact him privately as I also brought him up to speed on some of the alliances that have formed here, especially your "special relationship" with Victor at AMI.

Dave, I did not feel this type of personal information should be posted for all to read, however, I hope this now puts the subject to rest once and for all.

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Quote Originally Posted by CollectGU View Post
    Howard,

You first - Please let us know what great and important knowledge you were going to impart to Skinner19 about Clemens jersey tagging that you had to do it via a private e-mail....why not enlighten all of us...
    Dave

Banned

Eric-
    Sorry for not being clear. The "special relationship" I discussed with Skinner16 relates to Dave O'Brien and Victor, not you.

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Eric-
    I did not repsond to Dave O'Briens previous request seeking my input on my prior post, however, this is now the second time he has specifically asked me to disclose the contents of my email with Skinner19. As such, I will provide a brief summary.

Skinner16 is a new member to the Forum, and was seeking specific information about Astros jerseys. I wanted to simply let him in on some of previous information that was discussed here about this subject. I refrained from doing it "publically" and wanted to contact him privately as I also brought him up to speed on some of the alliances that have formed here, especially your "special relationship" with Victor at AMI.

Dave, I did not feel this type of personal information should be posted for all to read, however, I hope this now puts the subject to rest once and for all.

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net

[/i]

I refrained from doing it "publically" and wanted to contact him privately as I also brought him up to speed on some of the alliances that have formed here, especially your "special relationship" with Victor at AMI.

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net
    [/i]
    LOL! "special relationship" - I am both a buyer and consignor, same as I am with Grey Flannel and other auction houses - nothing "special" about that. I think Victor is a good guy if that's what you are referring to. For some reason, I don't think Skinner probably cared about my "special relationship". From what I could gather, he was looking for concrete info. not your wash woman take on "GU forum alliances"... you've been watching too much Survivor.....

Dave

Dave-

You may not have a special relationship with ami, but you quote from the best! The last time the phrase "wash women" was thrown around on this board by none other than the mysterious James A Rast!
    Happy to see you appreciate the classics
    Eric

Pacific Coast League Jerseys

September 16 2005 at 2:34 PM James A. Rast James A. Rast (Login JARast)Greetings To All Fellow Collectors:

For the record my name is Jim Rast and I am rather new to this “hobby.” I recently retired from the U.S. Air Force. Because of my career I wasn’t able to pursue collecting, at least at the level I am prepared to do now. Finally retired, I have settled down in Sacramento, California. I am finding that this area maybe a wonderful place to live, it is very poor as far as sports memorabilia is concerned. There are a few nice card shops here but that’s about it. This one fellow I communicated with on ebay.com informed me of this forum. I thought that this might be a wonderful place to visit and possibly find some leads for the items I want. I spent the last two weeks reading the discussions posted and to be honest I get the feeling that this is not a place for serious collectors. It’s more or less a place for guys to whine and complain like a bunch of old wash-women. For example, this fellow called “Reid,” sure put in a lot of time to go on and on about this company America Memorabilia, and then do it again, and again and again and then switch to some basketball shirt and do it again there. Come on sir, you sound like a broken record

Look lets get down to business…

I am looking for some really old items from the San Francisco Seals and all other Pacific Coast League teams. I hope to find jerseys, bats, caps, jackets. I am also interested in finding real Brooklyn Dodger uniforms and especially Jackie Robinson’s stuff.

If anyone reading this is serious and wants to do some business, please feel free to email me at JARast@aol.com. I am only interested in old vintage jerseys and equipment, not the new stuff like old Reid is complaining about.

Thank you,
    Jim Rast

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Dave-

You may not have a special relationship with ami, but you quote from the best! The last time the phrase "wash women" was thrown around on this board by none other than the mysterious James A Rast!
    Happy to see you appreciate the classics
    Eric

Pacific Coast League Jerseys

September 16 2005 at 2:34 PM James A. Rast James A. Rast (Login JARast)Greetings To All Fellow Collectors:

For the record my name is Jim Rast and I am rather new to this “hobby.” I recently retired from the U.S. Air Force. Because of my career I wasn’t able to pursue collecting, at least at the level I am prepared to do now. Finally retired, I have settled down in Sacramento, California. I am finding that this area maybe a wonderful place to live, it is very poor as far as sports memorabilia is concerned. There are a few nice card shops here but that’s about it. This one fellow I communicated with on ebay.com informed me of this forum. I thought that this might be a wonderful place to visit and possibly find some leads for the items I want. I spent the last two weeks reading the discussions posted and to be honest I get the feeling that this is not a place for serious collectors. It’s more or less a place for guys to whine and complain like a bunch of old wash-women. For example, this fellow called “Reid,” sure put in a lot of time to go on and on about this company America Memorabilia, and then do it again, and again and again and then switch to some basketball shirt and do it again there. Come on sir, you sound like a broken record

Look lets get down to business…

I am looking for some really old items from the San Francisco Seals and all other Pacific Coast League teams. I hope to find jerseys, bats, caps, jackets. I am also interested in finding real Brooklyn Dodger uniforms and especially Jackie Robinson’s stuff.

If anyone reading this is serious and wants to do some business, please feel free to email me at JARast@aol.com. I am only interested in old vintage jerseys and equipment, not the new stuff like old Reid is complaining about.

Thank you,
    Jim Rast
    Eric,

What an interesting and unusual coincidence you have noted.

Reid
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Banned

Eric, yesterday Howard asked that me mentioning the passing of someones mother was going off the subject of the thread. His comment showed that Howard has no heart or soul and that he is just out to bring people down on this forum.

To go even further off the thread's subject, I have offered for Howard to email me personally any issues he has with Grey Flannel's merchandise, and I'll communicate with the company since they are not receiving his correspondence due to personal issues. Howard turned this down. Why? Doesn't he want to better the hobby? This is crystal clear. He wants to bring people down in this industry. If he cared about the hobby, he would email me issues with GFC and let me try to correct it, but he would rather put down a company that he is barred from bidding in their auctions because of past poor comments he has made.

Now, to the point of my original post. I was asking that this topic not be brought up at this time as it is purely poor timing when someone is grieving the loss of someone as close as a mother. Howard's response stating that I was swaying off the topic shows he has no heart. Give a guy a break, if you want to attack him, pick a better time than now.

No, Howard has to accuse me of getting off the topic, his attempt to attack another individual in this industry.

Oops, the main reason I posted this was because now everyone has veered off the topic. Howard, why don't you whine about this or is it because you found now you can attack more than just one person in this thread?

This is not a battle ground, I hope Howard apologizes for his poor taste in comments:

A fellow Forum reader then chimes in about Mitch's mother passing, and sitting Shiva? I believe you specifically noted that we should keep to just the facts, correct? Although I'm sorry to hear this, how does this have any bearing on this post?

People, make your own judgements. Howard, I would recommend a donation in your name to the following for God to find forgiveness with your immature and insensitive comments above:

Memorial contributions made to the American Cancer Society or the American Diabetes Foundation appreciated in the name of Karen Schumacher.

Good night, and may your God be with you.

Banned

Eric/Reid-
    There is yet another "coincidences" between Dave O and American Memorabila besides the "Wash Woman" quote. I believe Reid has now asked Dave to respond at least twice to questions put before him, however, Dave has never responded.

Forum members have also asked specific questions to American Memorabila about current auction items including questionable basketball warmups and an Orioles "rookie" jersey and have never heard back, either.

Are there other coincidences??????

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Quote Originally Posted by sportscentury View Post
    Eric,

What an interesting and unusual coincidence you have noted.

Reid

Banned

Joel-
    What color is the sky in your world?

I made a post, per Eric's suggestion, dedicated to MASAUCTION. Likewise, I also praised Mitch for the quality of items purchased and knowledge. Please read the third post to my thread, made by you that includes the following:
    Howard, I just bought a large vintage paper money deal from Mitch last week. I was in Milwaukee watching them put his mother in the ground last week and I sat Shiva with his family and friends last week.

Your current post notes, "I was asking that this topic not be brought up at this time as it is purely poor timing when someone is grieving the loss of someone as close as a mother. Howard's response stating that I was swaying off the topic shows he has no heart."

Joel, YOU posted the information about Mrs. Schumaker passing... YOU! This information was never made public until YOU posted it. Is it your complete lack of professionalism or just warped mindset that would make you include this on a public forum for all to read? I'm sure t Mitch and his family wanted this posted here. Nice job, Joel.

I have addressed the issue of communicating with Grey Flannel on several other posts. I have sent them various emails in the past and recently. Although they receive them, it is their choice not to respond to me, other Forum readers or directly on this Forum. A foolish position to take, however, the choice is theirs. Interesting that Lelands, Mastro and Vintage Authentics answer all emails and often respond to posts here on this Forum. On a related note, I just received my item from the latest Grey Flannel auction, and could not be happier. I have been seeking such an item for many years, and although overpaid, could not be happier.

***CONTENT REMOVED***

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Quote Originally Posted by trsent View Post
    Eric, yesterday Howard asked that me mentioning the passing of someones mother was going off the subject of the thread. His comment showed that Howard has no heart or soul and that he is just out to bring people down on this forum.

To go even further off the thread's subject, I have offered for Howard to email me personally any issues he has with Grey Flannel's merchandise, and I'll communicate with the company since they are not receiving his correspondence due to personal issues. Howard turned this down. Why? Doesn't he want to better the hobby? This is crystal clear. He wants to bring people down in this industry. If he cared about the hobby, he would email me issues with GFC and let me try to correct it, but he would rather put down a company that he is barred from bidding in their auctions because of past poor comments he has made.

Now, to the point of my original post. I was asking that this topic not be brought up at this time as it is purely poor timing when someone is grieving the loss of someone as close as a mother. Howard's response stating that I was swaying off the topic shows he has no heart. Give a guy a break, if you want to attack him, pick a better time than now.

No, Howard has to accuse me of getting off the topic, his attempt to attack another individual in this industry.

Oops, the main reason I posted this was because now everyone has veered off the topic. Howard, why don't you whine about this or is it because you found now you can attack more than just one person in this thread?

This is not a battle ground, I hope Howard apologizes for his poor taste in comments:

People, make your own judgements. Howard, I would recommend a donation in your name to the following for God to find forgiveness with your immature and insensitive comments above:

Memorial contributions made to the American Cancer Society or the American Diabetes Foundation appreciated in the name of Karen Schumacher.

Good night, and may your God be with you.