• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CollectGU
    • Nov 2005

Re: Masauction

Originally posted by hblakewolf
    Eric/Reid-
    There is yet another "coincidences" between Dave O and American Memorabila besides the "Wash Woman" quote. I believe Reid has now asked Dave to respond at least twice to questions put before him, however, Dave has never responded.

Forum members have also asked specific questions to American Memorabila about current auction items including questionable basketball warmups and an Orioles "rookie" jersey and have never heard back, either.

Are there other coincidences??????

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net
    I can assure that it was a coincidence. My IP address is not the same a "Mr. Rast", and I don't need to hide behind any stupid, silly names..This is my second post asking Reid to clarify what questions he's talking about, as i'd be happy to answer them. But, let's try and stay on point through here, that being how silly and small you look Howard for privately e-mailing a poster here to give them inside info on " gu forum alliances" and "special relationships"... And, how transparent your attacks on people you don't like in the hobby have become. Eric saw where you were going with this thread right from the start, and I'm sure others did as well...

Dave

Comment

• trsent
      Banned
      • Nov 2005

Originally posted by hblakewolf
      Joel-
      What color is the sky in your world?

I made a post, per Eric's suggestion, dedicated to MASAUCTION. Likewise, I also praised Mitch for the quality of items purchased and knowledge. Please read the third post to my thread, made by you that includes the following:
      Howard, I just bought a large vintage paper money deal from Mitch last week. I was in Milwaukee watching them put his mother in the ground last week and I sat Shiva with his family and friends last week.

Your current post notes, "I was asking that this topic not be brought up at this time as it is purely poor timing when someone is grieving the loss of someone as close as a mother. Howard's response stating that I was swaying off the topic shows he has no heart."

Joel, YOU posted the information about Mrs. Schumaker passing... YOU! This information was never made public until YOU posted it. Is it your complete lack of professionalism or just warped mindset that would make you include this on a public forum for all to read? I'm sure t Mitch and his family wanted this posted here. Nice job, Joel.

I have addressed the issue of communicating with Grey Flannel on several other posts. I have sent them various emails in the past and recently. Although they receive them, it is their choice not to respond to me, other Forum readers or directly on this Forum. A foolish position to take, however, the choice is theirs. Interesting that Lelands, Mastro and Vintage Authentics answer all emails and often respond to posts here on this Forum. On a related note, I just received my item from the latest Grey Flannel auction, and could not be happier. I have been seeking such an item for many years, and although overpaid, could not be happier.

REMOVED CONTENT

Howard Wolf
      hblakewolf@patmedia.net

I asked that this subject be derailed because the family is coping with a loss and this shouldn't be an issue at this time, but you insulted the facts of loss with your selfish childish debating style.

THE GUYS MOTHER WAS BURIED LAST WEEK AND YOU HAVE TO SAY THAT I AM GETTING OFF THE SUBJECT? I ASKED THAT HIS NAME NOT BE BROUGHT INTO THE LIMELIGHT RIGHT NOW SO HE CAN FOCUS ON HIS FAMILY AND YOU SAY I AM OFF THE SUBJECT? HOW MANY TIMES CAN YOU BRING UP SOMEONE'S PAST BEFORE YOU HAVE BATTEN IT INTO THE GROUND?

Comment

• Eric
        • Jan 1970

To game used forum users and squabbling children,

This thread no longer has anything to do with sharing information about our hobby. Please keep all petty fighting off the board. Seriously folks, I'm tired of it- and it's from the same people over and over and over again.

For the rest of you- have a great day
        Eric
        Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...

Comment

• trsent
          Banned
          • Nov 2005

That is acceptable.

Howard, if you have any other comments, please email me personally at the email address below.

Comment

• sportscentury
            • Nov 2005

Originally posted by CollectGU
            I can assure that it was a coincidence. My IP address is not the same a "Mr. Rast", and I don't need to hide behind any stupid, silly names..This is my second post asking Reid to clarify what questions he's talking about, as i'd be happy to answer them. But, let's try and stay on point through here, that being how silly and small you look Howard for privately e-mailing a poster here to give them inside info on " gu forum alliances" and "special relationships"... And, how transparent your attacks on people you don't like in the hobby have become. Eric saw where you were going with this thread right from the start, and I'm sure others did as well...

Dave
            Dear Dave,

Don't worry. No one would ever think that this was anything but a coincidence. One would have to be just nuts to think otherwise. I know tons of people who call each other wash women ... a very popular name-calling term.

Also, sorry for the delay as to responding to your request. Here are the links for your viewing (or ignoring) pleasure:

Post #41 (by Rudy) on:

Post #31 (by Rudy) on:

Best regards,
            Reid
            Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Comment

• SkubeBats
              Banned
              • May 2006

I see Mitch couldn't keep his nose out of trouble. See the post that was made today about the 6 people arrested for selling fake gu items. Look on the game used memorabilia discussion page for this post.

Comment

• MichaelofSF
                • Apr 2007

Here is a thread that I previously posted which may have some significance. The thread is about a doctored Eric Chavez jersey. I didn't mention who the buyer of my jersey was, but it was

ebayer: gzusrules
                it was paid for by one: M.S. Auction
                through paypal.

I do not know the ownership pattern after I sold it, but the same jersey was then doctored and auctioned through Vintage Authentics before we alerted them about the jersey. For those who were interested what I sold it as, the title was:
                ERIC CHAVEZ - auto A's jersey GAME issue style not used (#180103363214)

and the feedback that I received:
                ITEM EXACTLY AS DESCRIBED, FAST DELIVERY, A+ TRANSACTION

my ebay id is michaelofsacramento, but was michaelofsf at the time.

Only Vintage Authentics could say who the consignor was and if it was a different consignor or not. I do not make any accusations here, but thought that this could be relevant information to this thread. I am merely stating some facts.

Comment

• SkubeBats
                  Banned
                  • May 2006

Eric & Trsent
                  So what do you have to say about Mitch now that he has been caught once again??

Comment

• trsent
                    Banned
                    • Nov 2005

Originally posted by SkubeBats
                    Eric & Trsent
                    So what do you have to say about Mitch now that he has been caught once again??
                    It is too bad to see what is happening today and I wish it wasn't like this. My comments from five years ago have nothing to do with what has happened in the past few days.

As for the comments in the other discussion stating that I owe Howard Wolf an apology - Nothing was posted five years ago that I re-read and regret. Eric doesn't own anyone an apology either. I personally exchange kind emails with Howard Wolf from time to time as him and I have buried the hatchet and can communicate with one and other without arguing anymore. I wish Howard could post again on this forum. Though often one sided he also shared knowledge that many others don't posses.

I am sorry to see what has happened in our industry and I hope it becomes a learning experience for all and I hope it makes the industry stronger in the long run.

Comment

• NEFAN
                      • Jul 2008

WOW! Now that so many soap operas are gone from TV, this is the place to be for drama!

Comment

• flaco1801
                        • Nov 2005

is this thread the reason for Howard being banned?.. i agree wholehardedly (sp)with Howard and miss his expertise...those who look for answers from a third party about this "hobby" i would make a suggestion...ask someone who doesnt make a living from the sale of merchandise... i have watched this show for 30 years plus, i will NEVER buy from an auction house...wonder how many of the game issued Yankee shirts, that were sold here have now become Yankee game worn shirts...

Comment

Working...