Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Re: All-Star Dealers reality show

Jimmymac_4, welcome and all I can say is W-O-W. I am not sure anyone has had such an informative first post like that. Thank you for educating us all.
    Cheers,
    Jack

Actively looking for a Brad Lidge Philadelphia Phillies Game Used Cap!
    My Memorabilia Collection

Boy, that 30% buyers premium is certainly insuring piece of mind and unreproachable authenticity. I'm so glad that a fee in line with Mafia Viggish outlawed by the government at one time as exploitive is instituted in our completely unregulated hobby as acceptable. Cha-ching suckers!
    Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com

I don't watch reality shows, therefore I don't have any reason to compare one to another. All I have is total praise for Grey Flannel and my dealings with them have all been positive and satisfying. That is the reality and no TV show can ever spoil that.

-Walt

Tallyman77

Evergreen7777@att.net

Banned

Many of us are in this hobby because we enjoy the connection between the piece of memorabilia and the athlete, team or our own personal experience/memory. It's sometimes a shock when the business side is shown, even somewhat disappointing. We want everyone to cherish these momentos like we would but that is not the case. Too often the business side attitude is "How much can we make on this and let's hope we can find a reason to say it's not a fake."

Those of you who read my verbose, fulmination of Grey Flannel Auctions and their TV program All Star Dealers, but have never viewed the episode to which I referred, can view it here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tf05BXHW0o

i just started watching this show and it is a joke. some of the items are obvious fake or repops and the russ guy acts surprised?! little things he could have caught, instead drives across the country for authentication.

what is the purpose of having an item authenticated by someone that comes with a letter from the team?

Cha-Ching Money This show was terrible. Puts a bad light on the hobby.

Are these new episodes or reruns?

Banned

I believe they are re-runs.

A lot of the show is scripted and obviously made for tv, you can't take the show literally. They needed to have some sort of content or drama/air, i.e. fake jerseys even though they obviously knew ahead of time the items were no good.

Either way, it's a fun show to watch strictly for the items being auctioned along with the history of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnunnari View Post

WOW!!!!! I guess that answers the question I had on a different post about authentication.