Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: All-Star Dealers reality show

Send in your common vintage jerseys and they can link it to a Hof player, even though the jersey was tagged a couple years before that future hof player was a part of the team. Oh, and photo match it off of google images. I guess this jersey was made in 1966, and the Mets just put it in storage until 1968 when then they issued it. $16K for a 1966 Dennis Ribant game used jersey. Wow

Banned

I agree with most of the comments, the show was a real disappointment. I was hoping for more Antiques Roadshow and less Barnum & Bailey.

The Lance Armsrong was even worse. They couldn't prove he touched the jersey, let alone wore it, and still auctioned it off as a Lance Armstrong racing shirt. Why, because they say it is lol.

I can't believe I'm even saying this, but I'm not sure I can stick with this show much longer.. as I said before, I really thought I'd love it, yet it's annoying and laughable at times.

I didn't see the show but I must say that no matter what you think about the quality of the show or the company, it's a brilliant business move by GF to get on tv, have to give them props. If someone stumbles upon the show and the lightbulb goes off that they might have something valuable, chances are it will be sent to GF.

Did they mention the Lemieux rookie all-star jersey? It's in their photography and was supposed to be in the winter auction, I'm thinking either it was sold in private sale or was moved to a later auction so it didn't compete with the Miracle on Ice shirt at Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Baseball83 View Post
    I really liked the show! I was intrigued at the efforts made in authenicating the Roger Staubach jersey. This show clearly set out to demonstrate the process and did just that. As an avid collector I have been there looking for photo match and watched victories and failures like was seen in the show. There were great teaching points made like when we think we have "the jersey" only to find it may have been something else. I am left with a feeling of the excitement of collecting and the intricacies of the forensic process that we talk about every day. Great job Rich Russek. I need more of this show!

Anthony Macchiavelli, M.D.
    Don't be too impressed with their efforts in authenticating the Staubach....the consignor of the jersey did ALL the home work and Grey Flannel presented it as their own...pathetic...Moreover, the word in the hobby is the the "lead authenticator", Nick Coppola, was the same individual that bid and won the jersey...conflict???

Quote Originally Posted by Baseball83 View Post
    I really liked the show! I was intrigued at the efforts made in authenicating the Roger Staubach jersey. This show clearly set out to demonstrate the process and did just that. As an avid collector I have been there looking for photo match and watched victories and failures like was seen in the show. There were great teaching points made like when we think we have "the jersey" only to find it may have been something else. I am left with a feeling of the excitement of collecting and the intricacies of the forensic process that we talk about every day. Great job Rich Russek. I need more of this show!

Anthony Macchiavelli, M.D.

I have only seen Russek opening of the package of the Staubach jersey which can be viewed online.

http://dsc.discovery.com/videos/all-...ch-jersey.html

Russek initially said in the online video that it would be great to photo match the jersey to any game but I recognized it as the practice jersey that was sold on GF. Maybe that was part of the discovery that it was a practice jersey and not a college game worn jersey. Was that the finding?

Link to the sale:
    http://catalog.greyflannelauctions.c...px?lotid=26555
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Any one notice on the foxx bat it was drilled out on the barrel. Wouldn't that have taken away from the weight?

Quote Originally Posted by yanks12025 View Post
    Any one notice on the foxx bat it was drilled out on the barrel. Wouldn't that have taken away from the weight?
    my first impression when I saw that was it might be corked or as Uncle Vinny said "dual use"
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Quote Originally Posted by kprst6 View Post
    The Lance Armsrong was even worse. They couldn't prove he touched the jersey, let alone wore it, and still auctioned it off as a Lance Armstrong racing shirt. Why, because they say it is lol.
    I think they did fine in selling it. They didn't say race worn or anything. They mentioned how it came with a letter from X and how he got it from Y party.

And to the other poster, so if a photo comes from google it can't be used as a photo match. And teams have recycled jerseys years several parts. What if it had pinstripes and matched 100%, but was two years from the tag. Would you still think its not possible.

I'm not trying to defend the show, but seems you guys can't be pleased by anything. Im Surprised you guys haven't said that Holyfield robe was fake.