Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bought My First Game Worn Jersey!!

Yesterday I purchased my first game worn jersey! It's a Juan Encarnacion game worn 2002 Marlins TBTC jersey (MLB Authenticated) that isn't washed at all and has tons of dirt stains on the back of the jersey. Since it's my first jersey I'm not sure what to place it in when I get it. A card shop near me puts their signed jerseys in these plastic holders that looked really cheap so I simply went to a dry cleaners and got one for free. I was just wondering what other forum members put their jersey's in when they can't afford those really nice cases. btw- here's the jersey I bought:

Re: Bought My First Game Worn Jersey!!

Kyle
    Real Nice shirt! You're officially "dialed-in" and a member of the fraternity....
    Mannequins are great for display and preserve that 3-D effect. But, duffle bags work well, too.

I have mine in that same plastic wrap you get at the cleaners.Go to Goodwill and look around.I got from them a stand that displays my jersey for 3 bucks.Goodwill is good sometimes for this very reason.Geoff

Congrats on a great jersey ! BTPH pointed out mannequins are a great way to go. Here are a three different ways that I display my Uniforms. I found all of my displays at antique markets. The display case that the Hubley Uniform is in cost me $40, The stand that the Cubs Uniform is on was actually a gift, and the mannequin that the Purdue is on was $25. You can find these cheap sometimes. Usually they are high priced because you can use them for so many different hobby interests. Check your flea markets or antique markets sometime you can find them at yard sales too.

Wait till your jersey comes in. You know your hooked, it only gets worse from there ! You always want more Hope you can find a great way to display your new prize.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Bill Heagy
    heagysports.com
    Go Phillies !

Sweet I need a dirty gamer ..I was eyeing them up on ebay they had a few dirty ones..All the gamers on ebay look clean

WEAR IT! I wear all mine.
    Paul

Thanks for your input guys. I think I'm gonna go with a mannequin because I like that 3-D look. oh yea and I got the jersey in the mail today. It looks much sweeter in person. Plus I found tons more dirt stains all over.

Great pick up, Kyle! What made you go after a Marlins shirt instead of a Braves one? BTW, I picked up g/u Chris Rietsma and John Thompson hats at the Braves store in the CNN Center today for $5 each. I couldn't resist.
    Jason
    "The knowledge that this guy has in his head, some of you would never be able to comprehend."

Quote Originally Posted by skipcareyisfat View Post
    Great pick up, Kyle! What made you go after a Marlins shirt instead of a Braves one? BTW, I picked up g/u Chris Rietsma and John Thompson hats at the Braves store in the CNN Center today for $5 each. I couldn't resist.
    Jason
    $5?? Are they having a sale? I was just there last week and didn't see much on sale except for some batting practice jerseys for $25

Not sure when they went on sale. They used to be $50 so I don't know what made them mark $45 off. Definitely not complaining though. They only had a few left when I got there. I couldn't id the remaining ones.
    "The knowledge that this guy has in his head, some of you would never be able to comprehend."