Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Photomatch?

Photomatch?

Ok, as everyone knows I and still new to game used. I know there has been discussion about people getting mad about being asked for photomatching help, so I don't know what else to do but post pics up and maybe, hopefully, get some random opinions. I don't want to rub anyone the wrong way. I am just trying to determine if I have a match or not. Any help or opinions would be appreciated.

If I am going about this the wrong way, please let me know how else I should.

I have a feeling that this jersey is either going to be from Sept 30, 2011. The playoff game vs NYY that was called after 2 innings. Or this may be crom Oct 15, 2011. The Tigers last playoff game and loss to Texas.

I have been mostly concentrating on the puckering of the "4" on the back of the jersey as that is the best feature to go on.

There are also two small stains on the front, above the "o" in Detroit. I have not found those stains in any photo I have looked at.

I have exhausted all avenues available to me, the small fish in the pond. I hope that there may be others here that have better sources and may be able to help me. As a side note, if this jersey winds up being a 100% prrof positive match to Oct 15. I am willing to pay the person who matches it, if they require payment for their time.

Thank you for looking.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Let me start by telling you this: I have never used steroids, period."

Re: Photomatch?

What game is the jersey authenticated to?

It labeled as "Issued". But believed to just not have been authenticated correctly.

Here are the two pics I have focused on most. Again, please forgive poor quality. My only internet access is my phone. So I don't have any fancy programs that can enhance anything.

The pic of Cabrera alone is Oct 15. The other is Sept 30. Again, I've been focusing on the "4" on the back. The two marks that appear to be puckering.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Any opinions?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for all the help guys. Appreciate it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

are you referring to the ripples in the number 4? more info on your thoughts would be very helpful.
    Bill Heagy
    heagysports.com
    Go Phillies !

I scrolled right past your post with the puckering....... any chance there are photos from the same game of the front of the jersey?
    Bill Heagy
    heagysports.com
    Go Phillies !

Quote Originally Posted by Titans74 View Post
    It labeled as "Issued". But believed to just not have been authenticated correctly.

[/IMG]

Who authenticated them? MLB?

I emailed the Detroit team director who is currently selling other Detroit game issued jerseys. For example, there are two Verlander road game issued jerseys currently for sale. Those jersey are not MLB authenticated and are not game used. He assured me that there is no possibility that they could be game used. If they were, they would be priced accordingly.

Your jersey is likely from the same source.I know it there are recent situations (ie. Steiner Yankee jersey)where a collector found a mislabeled jersey but those were MLB authenticated and relied on MLB authentication terminology. Hence my questions. What is the source of your jersey and was it MLB authenticated?
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

I found this picture from Game 2 of the ALCS on Getty. The location of the "t" aginst the blue stripe looks close to matching the location on your pictures.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

If you look closely to the tag you can see the MLB hologram and the Tigers Equipment Manager's initials in black sharpie both of which are indicators this came from the Tigers directly through Marc. The Tigers are very careful about authenticating items particularly for a player like Cabrera so I would be surprised if this was used and not issued. MLB may have authenticated it as issued but Marc would have sold it if it was used. Perhaps the owner should ask Marc about it. I can tell you that during the last week or so, the Tigers have been selling GI jerseys via email and my guess is that is where this came from.