Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Hybrid View

Re: Montero Traded from Yankees

His game used value has just gone down, as the Yankee mystique adds a TON. So if you just bought his Yankee game used road jersey for 2K (Steiner offered it to me for that), you just saw the value fall. Look at the hit Pujols Cardinals stuff is taking right now. People want what is current. Granted, a Yankees Montero jersey is nice, but if he wins ROY or becomes a big star, it is the pieces from the team he becomes that star with that will be most sought after.

2011: Cards: Carpenter
    2010: Giants: Timmy L., Cain
    2009: Yankees: CC
    2008: Phils: Hamels
    2007: Red Sox: Beckett, Schilling

Yup again you experts on here are correct. Those teams listed above had no GREAT hitters at all. It was all pitching and no hitting. I'm done going back and forth about it. We will see in 5 years what a great trade this was. I along with tons of real yankee fans think this was a bad move. Montero has been followed by true fans for many years in hopes of finally having another young hitter in the lineup that was a homegrown stud. Pineda has done nothing but have few good weeks to start the season then totally tanked to the tune of a 5.12 ERA. I guess young .300 hitters with 30+ Hr power are a dime a dozen. Maybe Miami will trade Stanton to the yankees for Nova. Seems like a good trade considering the numbers Nova put up last year. Sounds pretty stupid huh? Talk to me in 2017 about this same topic. Worst trade in the Cashman era.
    5TOOLPLAYER@COMCAST.NET

True Yankee fans? Don't know where to start with that one....So the call is to wait until '17 to pass judgment, but at the same time call it the worst trade of the Cashman area immediately? And then downplaying pitching again, always a great call. It may be influenced by owning a great deal of NY items for Montero, yet still sounds rambling.

Time will tell. this convo is over
    5TOOLPLAYER@COMCAST.NET

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 5toolplayer View Post
    2011: Cards: Carpenter
    2010: Giants: Timmy L., Cain
    2009: Yankees: CC
    2008: Phils: Hamels
    2007: Red Sox: Beckett, Schilling

Yup again you experts on here are correct. Those teams listed above had no GREAT hitters at all. It was all pitching and no hitting. I'm done going back and forth about it. We will see in 5 years what a great trade this was. I along with tons of real yankee fans think this was a bad move. Montero has been followed by true fans for many years in hopes of finally having another young hitter in the lineup that was a homegrown stud. Pineda has done nothing but have few good weeks to start the season then totally tanked to the tune of a 5.12 ERA. I guess young .300 hitters with 30+ Hr power are a dime a dozen. Maybe Miami will trade Stanton to the yankees for Nova. Seems like a good trade considering the numbers Nova put up last year. Sounds pretty stupid huh? Talk to me in 2017 about this same topic. Worst trade in the Cashman era.
    the yankees have more hitting than any of those teams. stanton and montero dont compare stanton has almost as many homers as montero has plate appearances at the same age, they are a couple of weeks apart. i can understand your frustration as a fan and collector though. i am a jets fan. i invested in keyshawn shortly before he was traded and when that happened i was so upset about it.

You're very funny, saying that we're not real "Yankee Fans" cause we actually like the trade. Only reason you want him to stay a Yankee is for his game used prices to go up. We'll see in five years, when Pinada is an all-star and Montero is just a DH.

The way you talk about him, is that he's has been around for years putting up a .300 batting average and over 30 homeruns. But in fact it's only been 62 at-bats. I'm sure there have been several other top prospects who have failed after having a good first 62 at-bats.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by yanks12025 View Post
    You're very funny, saying that we're not real "Yankee Fans" cause we actually like the trade. Only reason you want him to stay a Yankee is for his game used prices to go up. We'll see in five years, when Pinada is an all-star and Montero is just a DH.

The way you talk about him, is that he's has been around for years putting up a .300 batting average and over 30 homeruns. But in fact it's only been 62 at-bats. I'm sure there have been several other top prospects who have failed after having a good first 62 at-bats.
    Gregg Jefferies comes to mind. He was supposed to be the next great thing. In his first year (29 games) he had .320 with 6 homers and 17 rbis at age 20. He finished sixth in the rookie of the year race that year. He had two all star years later on with the Cardinals but was never close to a superstar never hitting over 20 homers or knocking in a 100 runs.

Quote Originally Posted by yanks12025 View Post

You're right high speed I only care about his G/U items and the value of them.....Or maybe because I know the family and how much they wanted Jesus to become a star in NY. I don't collect his stuff to make a profit. I could care less what they are worth because I will never try to move any of it. I just think its a bad move moving a homegrown, middle of the order bat for pitching right now with Manny and Dellin on the way.
    5TOOLPLAYER@COMCAST.NET

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle92481 View Post
    the yankees have more hitting than any of those teams. stanton and montero dont compare stanton has almost as many homers as montero has plate appearances at the same age, they are a couple of weeks apart. i can understand your frustration as a fan and collector though. i am a jets fan. i invested in keyshawn shortly before he was traded and when that happened i was so upset about it.
    @legaleagle92481

if you still have some keyshawn stuff contact me at
    lorraine4me2000@yahoo.de

Mark Feinsand ? @BloggingBombers

Brian Cashman just told me Pineda will have an MRI on his right shoulder.

WHAT A GREAT TRADE FOR THE YANKEES!! THIS KID LOOKS LIKE A YOUNG ACE IN THE MAKING. HAHAHAHA....20 LBS OVER WEIGHT AND NOW SHOULDER PROBLEMS. This will end up being the Worst trade in NYY history
    5TOOLPLAYER@COMCAST.NET