Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Re: Montero Traded from Yankees

I personally think the M's made out like bandits. They got a legit DH and some prospects (I believe we got acouple good pitching prospect?) and the Yanks got a pitcher with a bum arm.

Go M's!

M's without a doubt got the better end of this deal. This injury to Pineda is not the 1st time we are going to be let down by this guy. AL ROY= Jesus Montero. .280 27 HR 89 Rbis
    5TOOLPLAYER@COMCAST.NET

It goes both ways though. Previously we got robbed when we traded Adam Jones for Bedard. If only we would have still had Adam Jones today!

In my opinion, it's a bigger risk to trade a top position player for a pitcher, unless they are the caliber of a Roy Halladay or a Clayton Kershaw. Someone with proven dominance of at least 3 years straight....

Top position player, he's a DH. That's all Montero will ever be is a DH. The Yankees are getting older, so they need the DH spot free to rest A-rod, Jeter, Tex. Montero had no place to play every day on the team and would have just taken up space.

Are you telling me Montero will not be as good as Posada was behind the plate?Was Jorge ever more then decent behind the plater??? Nope! Jesus is not going to win any gold gloves but he wont be terrible. Wedge seems to think he's going to be a pretty decent catcher....too bad the Yankees didn't feel the same way. But if the SAME trade was on the table today, do you think the yankees pull the trigger???? HELL NO!!! Pineda on the DL for a month or so gets a chance to gain back 20 lbs of fat then he'll have to rehab and get his arm and chunky body back into game shape..so NY is looking at around a June/July time frame to get him on the mound. WINNERS~~~~
    5TOOLPLAYER@COMCAST.NET

@LastingMilledge85 Please refrain from your baiting posts.

If this thread gets off topic again it'll be locked.
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Quote Originally Posted by metsbats View Post
    @LastingMilledge85 Please refrain from your baiting posts.

If this thread gets off topic again it'll be locked.
    Sorry David, won't happen again...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...s_mlb&c_id=mlb

Guess we won't have to wait several years to see who got the better end of the deal on this one.
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

How does pineda being out for the year already determine it as a bad trade? Yes it's a failure now, but in the long wrong he'll still be better than montero.

What if next year he comes back and wins Cy young or something. Montero just as expected has showed nothing great so far this year to me.

Quote Originally Posted by yanks12025 View Post
    How does pineda being out for the year already determine it as a bad trade? Yes it's a failure now, but in the long wrong he'll still be better than montero.

What if next year he comes back and wins Cy young or something. Montero just as expected has showed nothing great so far this year to me.
    Well, the type of surgery Pineda is going to have is not an easy recovery. Most pitchers don't come back from it, and those that do are not half of what they once were. Chances are he will be a 5th starter at best, of course he could break the barrier, but I doubt he will be as he once was advertised. This is a serious career altering/ending injury.