Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Braves to wear new alternate jerseys in 2012

I can't wait to get my hands on one of these gamers!

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-bi...162832445.html

Banned

Smile Re: Braves to wear new alternate jerseys in 2012

I like the style. It reminds me, to some degree, of 1963-67 Braves unis.

Dave Miedema

Re: Braves to wear new alternate jerseys in 2012

Is this replacing either the red or blue, or a third alt?

Quote Originally Posted by slab0meat View Post
    Is this replacing either the red or blue, or a third alt?

I'd assume this will just be a new alt. I'll take a wild guess and say it could be worn during Friday home games. Those games seem to have a much higher attendance and I see a lot of other teams wearing alternate jerseys on Friday home games as well.

Quote Originally Posted by kylehess10 View Post
    I'd assume this will just be a new alt. I'll take a wild guess and say it could be worn during Friday home games. Those games seem to have a much higher attendance and I see a lot of other teams wearing alternate jerseys on Friday home games as well.
    How many jerseys do the Braves wear? Do they all show a lot of use?
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Quote Originally Posted by frikativ54 View Post
    How many jerseys do the Braves wear? Do they all show a lot of use?
    Here's a look at their 2012 jerseys

Some Braves jerseys show heavy wear and some show no use. Sunday home alternates usually show the least amount of use and I see the most use in home white and road grey jerseys. I don't see too many road alternates with a ton of use, and the batting practice jerseys from 2011 show a lot more use compared to previous seasons.

Here's a look at their 2012 jerseys

Some Braves jerseys show heavy wear and some show no use. Sunday home alternates usually show the least amount of use and I see the most use in home white and road grey jerseys. I don't see too many road alternates with a ton of use, and the batting practice jerseys from 2011 show a lot more use compared to previous seasons.
    Thanks, Kyle. That's a lot of jerseys. The Mariners, for example, only use four. Home white, road grey, home alternate, and road alternate. I have a Justin Smoak road alternate that shows a ton of use.

As for the Astros, they use home pinstripe, Saturday home alternates, Sunday home alternates, road grey, and road alternate -- five jerseys in total. The Astros seem to get good use from their jerseys.

Are the Braves issued several of each jersey, or do they pretty much only use one per style? To give you an idea, my M's Smoak road alternate is the only one he used all year.
    Les Zukor

(617) 682-0408

Is the last one a BP jersey? If so, I forgot to include that in my M's and Astros tallies.
    Les Zukor

(617) 682-0408

Quote Originally Posted by frikativ54 View Post
    Are the Braves issued several of each jersey, or do they pretty much only use one per style? To give you an idea, my M's Smoak road alternate is the only one he used all year.

Yep, the last one is the BP jersey.

And I assume it's up to the player for how many jerseys they wear. For example, when I got a bunch of 2011 Braves jerseys back in July, I remember the Chipper jersey I got (and still have) was worn for the entire first half, while the Jason Heyward jersey I got was only worn for 1 homestand. A Freddie Freeman jersey I had was worn for 1 month while a Jair Jurrjens jersey was worn for 2 months.

I'm currently doing research on Chipper's jerseys in the 2nd half and so far I know he wore atleast 3 home jerseys.

When it comes to road jerseys, I usually notice they wear 1-2 for each half of the season, but that can differ.

The last time I photomatched a Sunday home alternate jersey, it was of Chipper Jones and I match it to 5 of the 6 games he played in on Sunday home games. I see a lot of sunday reds with light use though so I assume most players go through a lot of them throughout the season.

Yep, the last one is the BP jersey.

And I assume it's up to the player for how many jerseys they wear. For example, when I got a bunch of 2011 Braves jerseys back in July, I remember the Chipper jersey I got (and still have) was worn for the entire first half, while the Jason Heyward jersey I got was only worn for 1 homestand. A Freddie Freeman jersey I had was worn for 1 month while a Jair Jurrjens jersey was worn for 2 months.
    Correction: The Freeman was worn for 2 months and the Jurrjens for almost 3