Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Beware: Babe Ruth Forgery With GAI Letter

This auction consists of a Babe Ruth autographed baseball.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=004&item=140035912932&rd =1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

The baseball comes with a COA from Global Authentication (GAI). Certification Number: GV 103683

When the ball was originally submitted to GAI, the Babe Ruth signature was for all practical purposes faded, obscured, and worn away.

This can be verified by looking at the GAI letter shown in the auction and by going to their website and entering the COA number: 103683

http://globalauthentication.com/certcheck/certcheck.asp

Magically, with the healing powers of eBay, the Babe Ruth signature has reappeared.

Of course, the autograph shown now on the ball is a very bad forgery.

Below are the before and after photos.

The one on the left was the ball as originally submitted and the one currently shown on the GAI website. The one on the right is the one currently on auction with the horrible forgery.

Re: Beware: Babe Ruth Forgery With GAI Letter

Good Job!! did you email the seller and ask him how he does his magic?

Ken

i emailed the seller and haven't received an answer. usually on things like this with my past experience, sellers don't email back! i hope the buyer has done his or her homework.

Banned

well Tell Me Whats Worse About This Autograph Is That He Forged It????????

or

that He Traced Over An Original Autograph And Ruined The Orginial????????

Quote Originally Posted by suave1477 View Post
    well Tell Me Whats Worse About This Autograph Is That He Forged It????????

or

that He Traced Over An Original Autograph And Ruined The Orginial????????
    Jason,

I'm not sure if this a serious question or a joke. If it is a joke, then please excuse me for taking it seriously, but here is my answer:

The two acts are not even in the same league. The one is a felonious crime, the other is not. I don't care if he took the ball out to the streets and played with it until it unraveled and was completely unidentifiable - it still wouldn't come close to fraud.

Reid

P.S. Sammy, thanks for your posts and nice work with the photographic comparison display.
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Banned

Reid my questions were more sarcastic/rhetorical to the fact that he has caused fraud and to me the worst of it actually ruined a Real Babe Ruth autograph.

Quote Originally Posted by suave1477 View Post
    Reid my questions were more sarcastic/rhetorical to the fact that he has caused fraud and to me the worst of it actually ruined a Real Babe Ruth autograph.
    Well, that clears that up.
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

I e-mailed the seller and told him that if he didn't remove the listing I'd report him and wuddaya know, the listing was removed

shouldn't someone notify GAI about this? wouldn't they want to know? does anyone here deal with them, or have connections?

Ken

Pulling the item is not good enough.Shouldn't this guy be reported to someone that can take action?
    jon