Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Dilemma: Go to the Super Bowl, or sell tickets n buy Game Used

I've had a pretty lucky January. I came across two of my "grail" game used items (1 of which I already bought) and then got selected in a small local season ticket holder lottery (non-participant team) for the right to buy Super Bowl tickets. I picked up the tickets today and they are near the 50 yard line!

It was a dilemma, but given my lack of an affinity for either of the Super Bowl participants this year, its going to be an easy dilemma for me.

I'm curious for other collectors, how would you prioritize the expenditure on Game Used merchandise as compared to going to a Super Bowl caliber event?

Re: Dilemma: Go to the Super Bowl, or sell tickets n buy Game Used

Have you ever been to a Super Bowl? If not, I think you should go honestly. Maybe even partake in some of the autograph signings around town/at the NFL Experience, if that's your thing.

Or, figure out (approximately) how much you could get for your tickets, and how much x item(s) are that you'd be interested in (if possible), and weigh your options.

Go to the game.Thats what I would do.

Banned

Well I would go to the game personally, not many chances to go to it. There's game used stuff available daily. The only thing is if your traveling it will be pricey, the airlines and rooms are sky high.

I've been to few, yes. I'll never forget the trip with my dad to see Elway's last game. I can't wait to have similar adventures originating from my house. If either of the teams or QBs were closer to my heart, I'd be tempted to initiate my eldest's 1st Super Bowl experience at age 3!

I'm lucky to be in the situation that makes my choice easy to make. The Patriots and Giants are surely the biggest draw that could have happened. But neither team or QB is one that I have any affinity for. I'm still bitter at Manning for being drafted ahead of Roethlisberger from my alma matter...

If anybody has experience selling Super Bowl tickets on Stubhub or TicketExchange please shoot me an email at plettner@fuse.net. They handle it very differently than ordinary games and I'm curious whether its worked out well for others.

Quote Originally Posted by Preston View Post
    Have you ever been to a Super Bowl? If not, I think you should go honestly. Maybe even partake in some of the autograph signings around town/at the NFL Experience, if that's your thing.

Or, figure out (approximately) how much you could get for your tickets, and how much x item(s) are that you'd be interested in (if possible), and weigh your options.

Banned

Thumbs up Re: Dilemma: Go to the Super Bowl, or sell tickets n buy Game Used

Unless the Bears were involved, I wouldn't go...and especially not for this East Coast Bias production.

Dave Miedema

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    Unless the Bears were involved, I wouldn't go...and especially not for this East Coast Bias production.

Dave Miedema
    Love him or hate him Brady is one of the very best QBs ever chance to see him in Super Bowl is worth it even for non-fans. I would have loved to have seen Montana in any of his Super Bowls. As for East Coast bias, its not the fault of us East Coasters that Kyle Williams gift-wrapped the NFC Championship for the Giants. They should have had three scores: Giants 10, 49ers 17 and Kyle Williams 10.

will you email me woody1351@hotmail.com

dplettn email me i didnt clarify who.

Giants and Patriots? I couldn't sell those tickets faster. I know I would just be sitting there hoping as many players tear their ACL's as possible. Hey, I'm an Eagles fan, what can I do?

I say sell the tickets, a cool 2-3k a piece easily! Pick up your grail items that you will hold onto forever. I'd take the items over the game any day. Memories are nice, but who knows? You may forget them one day.