Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

View Poll Results: is the selling of the Tillman GU cleats right or wrong?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Right

6 23.08%
  • Wrong

6 23.08%
  • Could care less

5 19.23%
  • Not Right, but not wrong...its worth what someone will pay

9 34.62%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: right or wrong?

right or wrong?

Re: right or wrong?

Wade -

I just finished reading that article before I clicked back into GUU.

As a Disabled Vet, the fact he identifies Tillman as a War Hero in order to raise the value of the cleats disgusting.

Selling the cleats in and of itself I have no problem with.

$3.2 million? Hahaha - I could almost buy GU uniforms from the 1st members of the Baseball HOF for that amount.

Just another idiot looking for attention by putting up an item at an astronomical price.

I did notice that when asked about the high offer of $7k he said any offer he would consider would have to be 7 figures... the seller is out of his mind.

- Smitty

Yahoo's homemade news features specializes in sensationalistic shallow crap specifically in order to get hits for their ad machine. I kid you not. If they found a photo of Hitler armpit farting or Princess Diana scratching her left boob, that would be the headline article for two weeks. Again, I kit you not. It's all about hits for Yahoo.

P.s., of course it's okay to sell Tillman's shoes. Just as it's okay to sell Christy Mathewson, General Patton and Stonewall Jackson memorabilia.

Banned

everybody dies so to not sell stuff because the player died is dumb and most athletes who die young die tragically, maybe not in war but its still tragic. however, to price gouge to capitalize on that tragedy is totally wrong. this seller and the guy who is selling Sean Taylor's stuff for similarly crazy prices should be ashamed of themselves. How would they like it if it was their son, brother, father or friend that died tragically?

Also, Tillman came across as the type of guy who would roll his eyes over this coverage and auctioning of a pair old dirty shoes.

I saw this article yesterday and just laughed. I could care less that he is selling them, as someone else already stated people die.

I really could care less that he is gouging the price as well because he is such a tool that he is valuing his possession WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY more than it really is worth. If he wanted anything more than attention he needs to come down about 3,199,000 dollars

Also, of course, $32 million is a joke of an asking price. $1 million would be a joke of a price.

So from the start you don't know if he's got his head screwed on straight, what's the motive, is he being serious, etc.

You could put it this way: Unless he's totally delusional, the seller knows he can't get $32 million for the shoes. Thus the price is some sort of grab for attention, perhaps marketing technique.

It is perfectly ok to sell the shoes. If you wanna sell something they would easily place in the Smithsonian, that's up to you. And I agree, the price is just an attention grab, but so what? If news companies want to pick this up and give the guy attention, that's on them. If he chooses to bring attention to himself, then he is opening himself up for a world of torment.