Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Eli Jersey being sold twice

Fbchiefs, We often post things on the forum to warn and educate other buyers, don't take everything personally. Not sure how long you have been a lurker but it shows you have only been a member for a about a year. Here are some major issues that we have encountered in the past that would lead to legal's warning to other members:

There have been cases where ebay sellers will post items from auction houses which they do not own. By opening the item to a larger market on Ebay that may not know about the other auctions. The way this scam works is that if they sell on ebay (just before the end of the auction house), they will bid the amount to win it from the auction house and make the profit off a quick flip. If they sell on ebay and don't win in the auction house....yeah, they just cancel the ebay sale for some cheap reason.

The warning in these cases would be to protect bidders in either the auction house or ebay auction that something is not right.

Another case is that of ending items early on ebay. Maybe bidders budget and chose just what to place bids on. It gets really frustrating to miss out on another auction just to have the one you bid on ended early.

In the end, he is just looking to protect other members by saying something just doesn't look right. No more, no less.

Thanks Legal for the warnings.

Re: Eli Jersey being sold twice

hey i appreciate your feedback, ad i agree that is a good thing to let other people be aware of. I guess my major concern was bringing something up from a year ago that was a mistake/bad judgement call/whatever you wanna call it, where a marino was posted on ebay, and thats still being brought up and used against me when the reality is i technically did nothing wrong, i asked the opinion of many people on a jersey, some told me it was real, others not, so i decided to put it up on ebay and see how it did. anyway, i appreciate your feedback and im sorry for all of this drama