Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Re: Josh Hamilton relapsed

Sad to read, but probably to be expected. Josh is human. I wish him all the best, because I know that in his heart, he cares. To have come as far as he has come is to be admired. He's still one of my favorite players.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Cut the dude some slack....just because he went to rehab.... i never believed that ALL patients could NEVER have to a drink for the rest of their lives.... some can get cleaned up and never have a problem with an occasional drink...

The Man has more Courage than Most could ever dream about. Most would have been cowards & ran with it. Not only did he speak to his Family about it, but his Team as well.

I respect honesty/courage more than anything, SPECIALLY Status.

God Bless you Josh!

Sean

Rangers should have pursued Prince harder & let Hamilton walk after this year

I always thought his story was way overblowing, like being a hero and everything cause he battled back from drugs.

I don't care, what the people are thinkin'
    I ain't drunk, I'm just drinkin'

- Albert Collins

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjVfc8-Y7sQ

Banned

Josh is scheduled to be at an event tonight in Houston that I am attending. Hope he still makes it.

Thanks,

I think it is overlooked that the person who outed Josh Hamilton for his relapse was....Josh Hamilton. In a sport where we the fans hate the secrecy, lying and coverups involved with steroid and PED use, this kind of transparency and apology should conversely be praised.

He didn't even cheat, simply relapsed into an addiction. If you have never faced an addiction, ciggs, alcohol, drugs, etc, then you have no sense of what living with one is like. Admitting to a relapse can be almost as difficult as first admitting you have a problem. I'm not impressed with an All Star baseball player outing themselves, I am impressed with someone who won't BS themselves.

I wasn't a Hamilton fan before, I sure am now.
    Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com

Its sad because Hamilton is a good person. Remember how he invited his old high school coach to pitch to him in the home run derby at the last All Star Game at Yankee Stadium. Josh said Mr. Council had pitched batting practice for years to the high school kids and many had never thanked him and Josh remembered and wanted to thank him. I'm sure getting to pitch at Yankee Stadium was a thrill for his coach. How many people when they get to be stars forget the people who helped them along the way. After I heard about this I wrote a letter to a teacher from years ago who had meant a lot to me. I got a letter back thanking me and later learned the teacher has cancer and I'm glad I wrote before it was too late. Josh taught me a lesson in life that has nothing to do with sports and I will always appreciate it.