Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sorry for the off-topic post

My off-topic post is about professional basketball:
    Jeremy Lin is straight-up ballin'. He's making lifelong basketball fans remember why they think basketball is the greatest sport in existence.
    Now, continue with your photo-matches and circles of blurs.

Re: Sorry for the off-topic post

I agree he's str8 up ballin! Now if he can just cut down on his turnovers My W's had Lin but gave up on him. Glad to see the local Bay Area guy making the most of his opportunity in NYC. If you can make it there, you can make it anywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by both-teams-played-hard View Post
    My off-topic post is about professional basketball:
    Jeremy Lin is straight-up ballin'. He's making lifelong basketball fans remember why they think basketball is the greatest sport in existence.
    Now, continue with your photo-matches and circles of blurs.

I'm sure a year ago you could have got a Lin W's jersey on the cheap. Dewey, have you seen one for sale?

If you're saying that Mr. Lin is going to take me back to the early 80s and the "Coach Tootie" scout-at-the-local-playgrounds era then I'm in! (Tootie is a legendary Pittsburgh-area basketball scout who supposedly inspired Set Shot Buford in the Fish that Saved Pittsburgh). He used to do pump fakes and air-J's in the back of church on Sundays, classic! For an idea of what going to church used to be like in Pittsburgh in the early 80s check out this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_M03pO-Gw0A

Quote Originally Posted by genius View Post
    If you're saying that Mr. Lin is going to take me back to the early 80s and the "Coach Tootie" scout-at-the-local-playgrounds era then I'm in! (Tootie is a legendary Pittsburgh-area basketball scout who supposedly inspired Set Shot Buford in the Fish that Saved Pittsburgh). He used to do pump fakes and air-J's in the back of church on Sundays, classic! For an idea of what going to church used to be like in Pittsburgh in the early 80s check out this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_M03pO-Gw0A
    Exactly. Jeremy Lin is a throwback who plays like March Madness. We may blink and he's forgotten. Things may change when Melo and Stoudamire come back. You know NBC wishes they had the Knicks scheduled soon. Also, there is no LIN replica made.
    Did Tootie ever do any air"finger rolls" in the back of church?

Banned

Question Re: Sorry for the off-topic post

I wonder just how much Linsanity there'd be in the media if Lin plkayed for Milwaukee, Sacramento or Indiana...?

Just asking.

Dave Miedema

Warren, I think a couple of them were available through NBA Auctions last year. I wonder how long will it take to see at least one of them listed on eBay with a crazy BIN price.

Quote Originally Posted by both-teams-played-hard View Post
    I'm sure a year ago you could have got a Lin W's jersey on the cheap. Dewey, have you seen one for sale?

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    I wonder just how much Linsanity there'd be in the media if Lin plkayed for Milwaukee, Sacramento or Indiana...?

Just asking.

Dave Miedema
    Ball don't lie. If you can play, you can play.

Banned

Cool Re: Sorry for the off-topic post

I agree that he can play...I just need more than 5 good games and the ESPN East Coast Hype Machine going into overdrive to convince me he's worthy of all the accolades.

Dave Miedema

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    I agree that he can play...I just need more than 5 good games and the ESPN East Coast Hype Machine going into overdrive to convince me he's worthy of all the accolades.

Dave Miedema
    The New York media is not the main reason for Lin's attention. The kid can play. I could watch him play with the sound turned down and no comments from an analyst and think the same way.