Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Opinions Wanted

Banned

Opinions Wanted

So, I get this jersey and it looks terrific. I immediately noticed just how little wear there is on the jersey, the unique sleeve numbers and the custom hemmed sleeve ends. As I always do, I took it outside and under natural light, I noticed that there is an outline of a removed NFL 50th patch from the sleeve and on the back of the jersey, there are a couple of red stains. So I reach out for a couple of friends and one day I get a link to a video with directions to stop the video are 38.53.

http://video.search.yahoo.com/search...s+1969+vikings

So, why the thread?

If you guys/gals get a chance, follow the link and stop the video at 38.53 and let me know your opinions. While watching the movie, take note of the the shortened sleeve-ends, unique number font vs the font shown on the other three (3) players and just how clean the #27 jersey is.

As a FYI, the Vikings moved the NFL 50th Anniversary patch from the sleeve and re-attached them to the shoulder of their jerseys for the Super Bowl. And for the big game, there were several painted red sections on the field including one section that featured a large painted red Chiefs helmet logo.

My stance is, when you look at the unique features of my jersey – patch removal and replacement on the shoulder, custom sleeves-end, unique number fonts and red stains on the back then compare my jersey to the jersey shown in the video and add-in the facts the Vikings moved the NFL patch from the sleeve to the shoulder and red painted sections of the field, I believe that there is a strong possibility that the jersey was worn in the SB.

I do have a vested interest in the jersey so my opinion does NOT count.

Jim

flaa1a@comcast.net
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Re: Opinions Wanted

I took a pretty good look and if it was being listed somewhere as a Super Bowl IV game worn jersey with this kind of backup evidence, I wouldn't question it. Great research and fantastic pickup!

Hi Larry,

If you have a moment, please post photos of the tail tags. I'm especially interested in seeing the sporting goods company tag.

Thanks!

Mark Hayne
    gixc@verizon.net

Jim,
    Sweet jersey! I'll bet your research was a lot of fun , also.

Quote Originally Posted by G1X View Post
    If you have a moment, please post photos of the tail tags. I'm especially interested in seeing the sporting goods company tag.
    I bet it's Gopher Sporting Goods.

Banned

Here are the tags - research has revealed some very interesting information - more to follow. Thanks guys.

Jim

flaa1a@comcast.net

Jim,

Thanks for the photos. I have a Vikings with the NFL 50th patch, but it has the Kokesh tag (see photo). However, the others I have seen all have the Gopher tag.

Not sure what to make of mine. Has anyone else ever seen a '69 Vikings with Kokesh tag?

Mark Hayne
    Gridiron Exchange
    gixc@verizon.net

Always looking for World Football League jerseys.

Mark, I believe that you and I discussed this very thing a few years ago. I have seen over 20 of these knits over the years w/ the 50th patch or evidence of one being on there and both sporting goods companies are represented. In my experience the ratio is about 60/40 for Gopher.

Lon,

Thanks for the reminder of our discussion.

I addressed my friend Jim as "Larry" in an earlier post in this thread, and then I forgot about our discussion until you mentioned it again. I'll start to get really worried about myself if I wake up tomorrow morning and can't remember where I put my car keys

Thanks again!

Mark Hayne
    Gridiron Exchange
    gixc@verizon.net

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by G1X View Post
    Lon,

Thanks for the reminder of our discussion.

I addressed my friend Jim as "Larry" in an earlier post in this thread, and then I forgot about our discussion until you mentioned it again. I'll start to get really worried about myself if I wake up tomorrow morning and can't remember where I put my car keys

Thanks again!

Mark Hayne
    Gridiron Exchange
    gixc@verizon.net

Mark,

You have called me worse names (LOL). FYI - I traded you the Redskins durene jersey and a bottle of Johnny Walker Double Black for your car - you don't remember?

Quote Originally Posted by cohibasmoker View Post
    Mark,

You have called me worse names (LOL). FYI - I traded you the Redskins durene jersey and a bottle of Johnny Walker Double Black for your car - you don't remember?
    Ah, so that's the reason I couldn't find my car keys this morning!