Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ryan4fregosi
    • Nov 2005

"It's As Authentic As the Day Is Long"

Now, I don't want to make it look as though I'm picking on Broadway Rick's Strike Zone (after all, their sterling reputation is beyond reproach)...

...so let's make a game of it: how many ways is this item not what the seller claims it is? (I've counted 2 so far)

Have fun.
  • 2dales1number3
    • Aug 2006

Re: "It's As Authentic As the Day Is Long"

Im new at GU but I thought they didnt put the MLB logo on helmets until 1993? Also is it the correct number? They also have an old timers jersey of scott and it has #5. I would think an old timers jersey would reflect the number from the players career. The helmet has #27 on it. Scott played for Milwaukee from 1972-1976. Just some thoughts.

Comment

• 2000mvpfan
      • Nov 2005

Click image for larger version

Name:	8e_1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	23.4 KB
ID:	635894

I think this pretty much sums it up....

Joe
      sigpic
      ...always looking for game-used JASON GIAMBI equipment!

Comment

• camarokids
        • Jun 2006

It looks to me as though the number 7 is in perfect shape while the 2 is beat up badly . It's hard to tell from the pic , but the two numbers look to be slightly different shades of yellow . Also the MLB Logo looks like it was badly cut and pasted ??? Which as stated earlier , it should not be there anyway . Am I right ? disclosure: this is just my observation and reply to the question
        Thank you,
        David

This is my email address here!
        dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

Comment

• ryan4fregosi
          • Nov 2005

While it's conceivable to think that Scott could have worn the helmet in the 80/90s as a Brewers coach or spring instructor, a Google search turned up no info that he had ever served in that capacity, so...

*Wrong Style. Boomer was a Brewer from 1972-76; Milwaukee switched to the "MB Glove" logo in '78

*Wrong Number. Boomer wore #5 w/Milwaukee, not 27

*Wrong Logo. MLB logos were added to helmets sometime around 1990, by which time George Scott's career was but a pleasant memory.

Again, anyone can make an honest mistake or 2, but sellers who herald "It's As Authentic As the Day Is Long" with their not-so-authentic items are just asking for it, IMHO.

Comment

• momen55
            • Aug 2006

It Pisses Me Off Too As People Like That Keep Selling Stuff They Know Nothing About. I Emailed Rick Regarding It; Let's See If He Emails Back.

Comment

• momen55
              • Aug 2006

here it goes:

93 brewers joe kmak #27 bats: right. everyone else with that # during that style helmet was a pitcher. how about that?

Comment

Working...