Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Thumbs up Problem with 1996 Bagwell on eBay

Seller Zanebats is auctioning a 1996 Bagwell Jersey purportedly from the Schilling Collection on eBay. Problem is that the lack of nameplate is not consistent with what the Astros wore in 1996.

What Bagwell wore in 1996:

What Zanebats is selling on eBay:

Caveat emptor!

-Frik
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Re: Problem with 1996 Bagwell on eBay

What was Zanes response to your questions regarding the jersey?

Quote Originally Posted by soxwin1 View Post
    What was Zanes response to your questions regarding the jersey?
    He basically said that it's real because Curt Schilling said that it showed use. Looking at the jersey, I don't see much to indicate it was indeed game worn. Plus, I don't think Curt Schilling's testimony beats actual pictures of what Bagwell wore in 1996.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Quote Originally Posted by frikativ54 View Post
    He basically said that it's real because Curt Schilling said that it showed use. Looking at the jersey, I don't see much to indicate it was indeed game worn. Plus, I don't think Curt Schilling's testimony beats actual pictures of what Bagwell wore in 1996.
    Another wonderful example of a players (supposed) word not holding water. ZaneBats is a good seller I have purchased from in the past and that answer isn't up to the standards I have seen from them prior.

Good Job bringing this up and following board procedures Les. I was going to email you this listing when I first saw it, glad to see you (and thanks to your post, other collectors on this board) didn't get taken on it.
    Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com

1st off Bagwell didn't wear Russell jerseys during this era, he wore Victory brand which he had custom made for himself. Secondly I don't think he wore a size 46. 3rd, all Astros jerseys of the era used nameplates. Who care what Curt Shilling "say it is" The jersey is not a Bagwell gamer.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaHater View Post
    1st off Bagwell didn't wear Russell jerseys during this era, he wore Victory brand which he had custom made for himself. Secondly I don't think he wore a size 46. 3rd, all Astros jerseys of the era used nameplates. Who care what Curt Shilling "say it is" The jersey is not a Bagwell gamer.
    BamaHater,

I agree with you that this is not a Bagwell gamer. However, Bagwell did wear Russell jerseys during this era. All of the Sunday Alternate jerseys he wore were Russells. Also in 1996 he did wear a size 46.

Scott