Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
    Banned

Lightbulb Texans 2012 patch

The Houston Texans will be wearing a 10th anniversary patch in 2012 (per patch guru Murf Denny).

Dave Miedema.

Banned

Re: Texans 2012 patch

Awesome! Haven't seen too many Texans gamers on the market, but hope to get one with the patch.

Pretty nice patch, like you said to bad more texans gamers aren't available

Banned

Wink Re: Texans 2012 patch

I agree with both of you about scarcity...who do they think they are, the Steelers?

Dave Miedema

I was told it mainly has to do with the Texans equipment manager Jay Brunetti. Mark Hayne mentioned to me awhile back that Brunetti was the same way with Redskins jerseys when he was the EM there. It wasn't until after he left that Skins jerseys become more available.

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    I agree with both of you about scarcity...who do they think they are, the Steelers?

Dave Miedema

By my count, that means every NFL team will have used an anniversary patch except the Bengals.

The kings of the anniversary patch are the Vikings who have commemorated 25, 35, 40, 45, and 50 years.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dewey2007 View Post
    I was told it mainly has to do with the Texans equipment manager Jay Brunetti. Mark Hayne mentioned to me awhile back that Brunetti was the same way with Redskins jerseys when he was the EM there. It wasn't until after he left that Skins jerseys become more available.
    Hmmm....hadn't heard that....but makes sense! Does Jay just not letting things out, or what does he do with the stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by AstrosGU View Post
    Hmmm....hadn't heard that....but makes sense! Does Jay just not letting things out, or what does he do with the stuff?
    i was wondering the same thing myself. I would of thought it was the teams decesion on what to do with the stuff instead of equipment manager.

I think i have seen a lot more steelers things compared to Texans, then again the Steelers have been around a lot longer.

Not sure what he does with the stuff. Maybe Mark can provide more insight. My guess is they just have it sitting in storage and release limited stuff through their charity and NFL auctions. Not sure why they sit on it but the team must leave it up to him to take care of it.

Quote Originally Posted by AstrosGU View Post