Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Spring Training Sabattical 2012

Happy March Everyone!

Spring Training Games start in earnest this weekend as we begin the annual countdown to Opening Day!

As I do every year, I will be writing about my Spring Training excursion - although this year's will be late - March 28th to April 2nd.

With it being so late, many might be wondering why I'm starting this thread so early. I am beginning it early because this year I am having a rather unique 'pre Spring Training' trip to Las Vegas in 2 weeks.

Many might wonder what Sin City has to do with Spring Training. On the weekend of March 18th and 19th, the Texas Rangers and Chicago Cubs will be playing a two game set at Cashman Field in Las Vegas and I already have tickets for Mrs Smitty and myself, so I will be trying to knock out a few of my Rangers pieces early so I don't have to take them to Surprise.

If any other forum members are going to be around (I know I'll be seeing my buddy Rays54) that last week, let me know and let's meet up!

All the best -

Smitty

Re: Spring Training Sabattical 2012

I'll be around, I try to not drive to the west side since I live in the FAR southeast side so you will most likely run into me either at a Dbacks or Athletics home game but I wouldn't mind meeting up and chatting for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by OaklandAsFan View Post
    I'll be around, I try to not drive to the west side since I live in the FAR southeast side so you will most likely run into me either at a Dbacks or Athletics home game but I wouldn't mind meeting up and chatting for a bit.
    I'll be out at Salt River for Rockies, but I'm sure we can try to meet up somewhere for a beer. There's a Sports Memorabilia store I like on the East Side (actually a few over there) - Hooper's, Boxseats, Batter's Box - and I want to make time to check out the Cactus League Museum this year. I always have it on my itenerary, but somehow I also fail to make it over there. I actually drove to it last year but it was closed the day we went by!

I'll be in touch as my trip gets closer so we can make plans to meet up.

- Smitty

I will be both in Vegas for the Spring Training games on March 17th and 18th and in Arizona on March 30-April 1st at Peoria and Surprise. I would be happy to meet up with you guys. Drew
    I collect items from baseball players that attended Lewis-Clark State College: Marvin Benard, Vic Darensbourg, Steve Decker, Tom Edens, Jason Ellison, Anthony Ferrari, Carlos Fisher, John Foster, Keith Foulke, Sean Halton, Blaine Hardy, Bucky Jacobsen, Chris Mabeus, Steve Reed, Brendan Ryan, Chris Schwinden, and Frank Williams. http://www.lcscbaseballhof.com
    or awbenish@gmail.com or http://www.lcscbaseballblog.com

Quote Originally Posted by lcstate collector View Post
    I will be both in Vegas for the Spring Training games on March 17th and 18th and in Arizona on March 30-April 1st at Peoria and Surprise. I would be happy to meet up with you guys. Drew
    Drew -

send me an eMail and I'll give you info so we can hook up either in Vegas or AZ.

- Smitty

xpress34@comcast .net

Ms Smitty and myself are off to Las Vegas tomorrow for what has shaped up to be a very eventful and full weekend!

We both work tomorrow (today - Thursday Mar 15th) and fly out at 9:55pm MDT.

Arrive Las Vegas as 10:55 PDT.

Friday - Niece's Wedding
    Saturday - St Patty's Day AND Rangers/Cubs @ Cashman Field
    Sunday - Rangers/Cubs @ Cashman Field
    Monday - Drive to Hoover Damn and fly home that night

I will be back in Denver for 8 days and then the Sabattical begins on Mar 27th!!!

Pre Spring Training Trip Update:

On the way out to Cashman Field in Las Vegas to chase Texas Rangers Autos and meet up with LCSTATE COLLECTOR!!!

Update to follow!!!

Banned

Wink Re: Spring Training Sabattical 2012

Quote Originally Posted by xpress34 View Post
    Ms Smitty and myself are off to Las Vegas tomorrow for what has shaped up to be a very eventful and full weekend!

We both work tomorrow (today - Thursday Mar 15th) and fly out at 9:55pm MDT.

Arrive Las Vegas as 10:55 PDT.

Friday - Niece's Wedding
    Saturday - St Patty's Day AND Rangers/Cubs @ Cashman Field
    Sunday - Rangers/Cubs @ Cashman Field
    Monday - Drive to Hoover Damn and fly home that night

I will be back in Denver for 8 days and then the Sabattical begins on Mar 27th!!!
    Hoover DAMN???

Dave Miedema

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    Hoover DAMN???

Dave Miedema
    I think she works at one of the "ranches" and earns her nickname very well. HAHAHAHA.

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    Hoover DAMN???

Dave Miedema
    It's become habit Dave... outside Berthoud, CO in the Big Thompson Canyon is a little store near the Big Thompson Dam called the Dam Store. When I 1st came to Colorado it was named the Damn Store and then changed to Dam Store (what with Political Correctness and all)...

That said, I started writing Dam as Damn after seeing the store the 1st time and now I can't help myself...

- Smitty