Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Can someone help date Dallas Cowboys pants by Red Fox?

I wanted to add a few more pic's to my previous post. The pic's below show written numbers and the manufacturer tag within the waistline.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Hi Michael. I was also bidding on the #36 pants. My guess based on the tag is Larry Brinson 77-79. GUU member both-teams-played-hard has an excellent Sand Knit tagging guide if you haven't already seen it.
    http://www.both-teams-played-hard.com/Sand_Knit.html

Your other pair of pants is very intriguing. What's the tagging on that one?

Regarding, home vs away ... I believe they were one in the same up until 1981 when the navy jersey was introduced along with a true gray color for the pants.

To clarify my comment about home vs away ...
    The pants were a gray color beginning in 1964. They became more bluish over the years, but there was only one color of pants home and away though 1980. The use of gray pants with navy jerseys and greenish-blue-gray pants with white jerseys began in 1981. Hope this helps.

Great info and thanks for the Sand Knit link as well. Here is the tag to the second pair.

I think we can date the Russell pants fairly precisely. The red, white, and blue Russell tag was introduced in 1983, but the Cowboys had numbers on the side stripes of their pants during the early 1980s. The 'hip numbers' disappeared in 1989. Beginning in 1991, there should be an NFL shield on the front of the pants. So, unless you see evidence of a number patch or a shield, they date to 1989 or 1990.

It looks like they're gray (to go with the blue jerseys), right?

Yes, all grey in color. I think your right on. Valuable information, thanks!

Can someone help date this Southland Dallas Jersey?

Hello,
    I'm back once again hoping that one of my friends on Gameuseduniverse can help me with a Dallas Cowboys Jersey. Can anyone provide any info (player, authenticity, year, approx. value,...) on the attached #83 Fitzgerald Jersey? I know he was not a starter after researching rosters. Tag is Southland, numbers and name are screened on, not sewn.
    As always, thank you!
    dali.coll

I wanted to add that the sleeves on the Southland jersey are not screened but is within (colors) the jersey itself. Also, from my research, there was no #83 listed on the 1965, 66, 79 and 80 team photos. Wondering if this player did actually exist but just never made it to the line-up? Hope you can help with any info.

Banned

They only wore that style of jersey from 1974-1981. The only Fitzgerald I remember was center John Fitzgerald (#62). WR Golden Richards was the only one I remember wearing #83 during those years.

Thanks slats7! That helps me narrow down a few rosters. Like you said, John Fitzgerald wore #83 as well as Golden Richards and Clark. Judging on the size of JF, it definitely wasn't his @ 255lbs. My previous guess may be right (79-80) where I did not see a #83 in the line up. This, meaning he may have made the team but was cut before season started. Golden Richards ended his career in Dallas I believe in 1978, next Cowboy photo'd in #83 was Doug Donley in 1981.
    In your opinion, the jersey's features look authentic?