Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Hybrid View

Can someone help date this Southland Dallas Jersey?

Hello,
    I'm back once again hoping that one of my friends on Gameuseduniverse can help me with a Dallas Cowboys Jersey. Can anyone provide any info (player, authenticity, year, approx. value,...) on the attached #83 Fitzgerald Jersey? I know he was not a starter after researching rosters. Tag is Southland, numbers and name are screened on, not sewn.
    As always, thank you!
    dali.coll
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Re: Can someone help date Dallas Cowboys pants by Red Fox?

I wanted to add that the sleeves on the Southland jersey are not screened but is within (colors) the jersey itself. Also, from my research, there was no #83 listed on the 1965, 66, 79 and 80 team photos. Wondering if this player did actually exist but just never made it to the line-up? Hope you can help with any info.

Banned

They only wore that style of jersey from 1974-1981. The only Fitzgerald I remember was center John Fitzgerald (#62). WR Golden Richards was the only one I remember wearing #83 during those years.

Thanks slats7! That helps me narrow down a few rosters. Like you said, John Fitzgerald wore #83 as well as Golden Richards and Clark. Judging on the size of JF, it definitely wasn't his @ 255lbs. My previous guess may be right (79-80) where I did not see a #83 in the line up. This, meaning he may have made the team but was cut before season started. Golden Richards ended his career in Dallas I believe in 1978, next Cowboy photo'd in #83 was Doug Donley in 1981.
    In your opinion, the jersey's features look authentic?

Banned

I said that John Fitzgerald wore #62, not #83. It's possible that they had a camp body named Fitzgerald who wore that number in pre-season.

The jersey itself looks authentic.

I stand corrected, my bad. As always, thanks for valuable info and your opinion of the jersey.

Hello my Dallas friends. Can someone help me date these pants? Nike stripe with NFL shield.
    Thanks!
    Dali.coll
    Attached Images Attached Images